This Page

has been moved to new address

Our 1st Wedding Anniversary, July 5th 2010

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Our 1st Wedding Anniversary, July 5th 2010

This Page

has been moved to new address

Our 1st Wedding Anniversary, July 5th 2010

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Our 1st Wedding Anniversary, July 5th 2010

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our 1st Wedding Anniversary, July 5th 2010

So, before I begin, I am super excited for today. Amanda and I are going to see our first Major League Soccer game. La Galaxy vs. San Jose. Even though America is dumb and hates soccer, I went to England in 2002 during the World Cup and it is pretty sweet to experience futbol in Europe during the World Cup. This past World Cup was good, I'm excited. Landon Donovan is everything I want to be.


On that note, this is a recap of our anniversary.


The day started with a gift exchange. I gave Amanda a gift certificate to a local spa and she gave me tickets to see Anthony Bourdain in San Diego!!!!!! and his new book, Medium Raw, which if you have not read yet you should.


Then we went to a really nice little breakfast place called Kalaheo Coffee Co. and Cafe. Great coffee and breakfast.


I didn't really dig coffee until I was in grad school. Then I got a job at Starbucks while getting my teaching credential( I went through way too much school, and now I live at a school!) and now I am addicted. This was a good cup, probably the best of the trip.


226


Amanda got this amazing breakfast burrito with eggs and veggies. She was thrilled. I stole a bite. I was thrilled. We were collectively thrilled.


I went with a bagel sandwich with eggs and bacon.


228


The place was packed. It was great. What have I always said was the most important thing? Breakfast!


The rest of the day was spent at the beach. We snorkeled and saw some amazing fish and a turtle!


245


247


It was a great, relaxing, amazing anniversary day.


Now we go to the evening. We went to a place called Tidepools. Very peaceful, very romantic.


249


251


Yeah, it is a bit fake. Or at least an idealized version of life in the Pacific, but it was nice nonetheless.


256


Dinner started with the always appropriate Mai Tai.


255


Veggie Samosas


257


And now a magic trick. What is this?


259


What did you guess?


Ok yeah, it is a tomato. But what lurks inside?


260


Only an amazing salad of micro argula, bacon, and bleu cheese. This was truly outstanding and unexpected. We both loved it. It is nice when food can be fun.


On to dinner. Amanda ordered prime rib, mashed potato, and veggies. The potatos were subpar, but the prime rib was really nice. Amanda ate like, maybe 1/3rd of it, but it was good.


261



I had Opah, with crab stuffed shrimp, asparagus, and nasty potato.


262


The crab stuffed shrimp was the star of the show. I wish I just had 6 of those and no fish. The Opah was fine, but the shrimp and crab were amazing.


All in all, the Tidepools is decent. We were not thrilled. We thought Casa Di Amici was 100 times better (and cheaper) but the atmosphere at Tidepools was hard to beat. It rained a bit toward dessert, which was really pretty and fun. There was a Koi Pond as well, which I equate to the kiss of death, but it was an enjoyable evening. Oh, yeah dessert was this monster.


263


It was Kona Coffee Ice Cream in between two chocolate cookies, with toasted coconut and carmelized Macadamia Nuts, a bit of whipped cream and a piece of dark chocolate. Decadent. A great way to end an amazing one year anniversary. Can't thank all our friends and family enough for all being amazing people. Thanks for reading, thanks to everyone for being amazing.


PS...we are going to an amazing event on Saturday. The LA Street Food Festival at the Rose Bowl. LA has this amazing street truck scene. Literally dozens of amazing chefs doing amazing things in trucks. Anything from Korean BBQ to Ice Cream, Hot Dogs to Local, Organic, and Sustainable Cuisine. And there will be a ton of booze at the event.


PPS...we have been thinking about starting a Two Boos twitter. Good idea? Bad idea? Too presumptuous to think people want to see more?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At July 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM , Anonymous brandi said...

What a great anniversary!!! That tomato salad thing and the dessert look incredible.

And I'm totally jealous of the street food fair!!! We don't have anything cool like that here. Guess that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere ;)

 
At July 22, 2010 at 12:28 PM , Anonymous allijag said...

Happy Anniversary! :) Ya'll are just as cute as can be! We need to hang out again IRL - we did not get enough time when we were in SF!

 
At July 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Anonymous Tina said...

I love that the two of you share your blog. Happy belated anniversary too.

I just joined Twitter and really like it so far. It does feed the internet addiction though. Uh oh. LOL

 
At July 22, 2010 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

What a lovely anniversary!! Yall picked out great gifts for one another!! :) You 2 are so adorable!! :)

 
At July 22, 2010 at 5:37 PM , Blogger lynn said...

happy belated anniversary! have fun at the food truck fest - make sure to check out starry kitchen, which my friends wyn and thi own/run - say hi from me!

 
At July 22, 2010 at 11:25 PM , Blogger h-factor v 2.0 said...

tomato thingy looks intense, i dig it. ...and twitter sounds, well, amazing. : )

 
At July 23, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Surprisingly enough Cbus also has a huge food truck scene! :D

Love the recap and the glorious food. Was that horseradish dipping sauce next to the prime rib?

Sometimes two twitter accounts can get crazy but if you all are down for it, I say do it! :D

 
At July 23, 2010 at 9:13 AM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

Happy Belated Anniversary. Looks like a great night.
I heard Bourdain was coming to San Diego. I'll have to check that out.
Have fun at the street fair.

 
At July 23, 2010 at 9:43 AM , Blogger HawaiianIsles said...

yowzers, that dessert looks FANTASTIC!

I'm not so sure it's worth a trip to Tidepools, but it looks awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home