This Page

has been moved to new address

Kauai: Part 3- Waterfalls and organic produce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Kauai: Part 3- Waterfalls and organic produce

This Page

has been moved to new address

Kauai: Part 3- Waterfalls and organic produce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Kauai: Part 3- Waterfalls and organic produce

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kauai: Part 3- Waterfalls and organic produce

049

Where did we leave off? Andy and I spent some time in the mornings and evenings sitting on the lanai enjoying the views, sunshine and quiet.

052

I bought this dress specifically for Kauai from Anthropologie. I love it but it's probably not the most flattering on me. It was super comfortable though.

055

We went to dinner at Merriman's in Poipu. Merriman's has an upscale restaurant upstairs and a more casual eatery below. We opted to eat below. I had a cobb salad. It was the best cobb salad of my life. The organic Kauai-grown tomatoes...words cannot explain! I loved that Merriman's used local and organically grown produce.

056

I got a side of potato-mac salad. I absolutely detest mayo and usually all potato or macaroni salads but there's just something about mac salad in Hawaii. I had to have a bite or two!

057

Andy had a lamb burger teeming with spinach. I should have asked him for a bite but I was too in love with my salad. He raved about the burger though.

058

We ended our evening with some music. Then the rain started pouring in and we ran to our condo for cover.

060

The next day, we went to see this waterfall. The Wailua waterfall was quick and easy to drive to. Definitely made me appreciate Kauai's rainy weather. Look how beautiful this is!

061

066

You can hike down to the pool at the bottom of the waterfall but we dared not.

074

We ended up driving to Princeville to check out the St. Regis and see how the other half lives.

077

Please ignore my make-up free scary appearance..

079

Princeville was a little overcast and rainy but very beautiful.

084

But I still had to go take a picture of this couple kayaking down the river. How fun would that be?

090

We finally got to our destination for the day. But first! We explored the dry cave.

091

093

This is from inside the cave. Spooky!

096

Then it was off to Ke'e beach.

097

098

Complete with chickens! Of course. We spent some time here snorkelling and swimming. I loved Ke'e beach and would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Kauai.

We'll be back with more later!

-Does it excite you when restaurants use local, organic and sustainable food?

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At July 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

Girl, you are nuts! That dress is SO cute and super flattering. I loved it! And want one!

What a fabulous trip- I'm still catching up but it looks like so much fun. I love that the chicken was just chillin out there!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM , Anonymous Katie @ Healthy Heddleston said...

I agree, the dress is super cute! Omg, I can't even stand reading these re-caps because it makes me want to go backk!!!!!!

 
At July 13, 2010 at 6:10 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

That dress is sooooooo cute and you look lovely in it!! I thought it flattered you perfectly!! :) And I wish I looked that good without makeup! My face is way too broken out to go makeup-less!!

Such an awesome trip!! You two are so LUCKY!!!!! :)

 
At July 13, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Love when restaurants use local foods! We have a place in our city called the boot and almost everything comes from VA...wine, beer, food, all of it! I love it :)

Also...I love your anthro dress! Then again, it's hard not to like anything from them.

 
At July 13, 2010 at 7:06 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

I love it when a restaurant opts for organic. I'm trying to find more places in So Cal like that.
Looks like so much fun.

 
At July 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

You guys are just too cute together. And I think you look adorably pretty in that dress!

You're too kind. I would have demanded Andy share some of his burger with me.

 
At July 13, 2010 at 9:54 PM , Blogger lynn said...

i love it when restaurants are local and organic - it makes me want to support what they're doing even more, and usually, the food is very very good!

also, you look beautiful in that very cute dress.

 
At July 14, 2010 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Beth said...

I'm new around here, but I'm really enjoying your Hawaii recap. And I think that dress look fantastic on you!

 
At July 15, 2010 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Mari said...

HEY HEY HEY! I have missed you!!!! it feels like forever since we have spoken.

Okay two things... first, you look beautiful in that dress and secondly, girl you are rocking the NATURAL look! you are beautiful!

Your trip sounds amazing, I need to go read your other posts lol

 
At July 16, 2010 at 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving all the pictures Amanada! I love the picture of you and Andy where you say to excuse your make-up free face - you should frame that one! :D

 
At July 16, 2010 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Rose said...

Love the recaps of your trip, and I especially love that dress! Glad you guys had so much fun!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - Love the chicken picture!!! And all your pics. It's fun reading through all your posts. It's making me want to go there RIGHT NOW!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home