This Page

has been moved to new address

Kauai V

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Kauai V

This Page

has been moved to new address

Kauai V

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Kauai V

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kauai V

We've had a really long week. I was at a teaching conference in San Diego and we stayed at my parents. Now, it is back to business. FYI, Amanda is currently sleeping and looking really adorable.


On to more pressing matters: Kauai Part Five.


This is the evening of July 3rd. Eating in Poipu, which is where we stayed, was a bit hard for dinner because many of the resturants are basically faux upscale places that make me sad. But we found several gems. One was this place


229


It was in this non-descript building in a resort/residential area. But it was amazing. Probably the best meal of the trip was here. So good we went twice. A friend of Amanda's suggested it. Good call.


129


Dinner started with wine


132


We ordered this bottle and one of the waiters gave us this very disaproving look. Not entirely sure why. We aren't exactly wine snobs, and this bottle wasn't expensive. We both really liked it. We mostly laughed. I really enjoy wine, as does Amanda, but a lot of the rituals with wine people do seem odd. Maybe we are just losers. It tasted good, what else matters?


I should mention more about the resturant. It seems like an Italian Restuarant, but it is more of a weird fusion resturant. Totally Italian base, but lots of French, Greek, and Asian flavors. Really unique.


Case in point, bread with amazing hummus.


133


Amanda ordered this slice of heaven.


134


It was a filet with gorgonzola butter, panko onion rings, green beans, and gnocchi. She raved about it. Calling it such things as "the best steak ever." Blasphemy? I tired a bite, and it was pretty amazing. I think she said she wanted to marry it as well. Weird.


I had this


135


Not very attractive on camera, a bit camera shy I guess, but amazing. It was carbonara risotto with crispy pork. I am a sucker for pork skin. If there is pork with the skin on it on the menu I will order it no matter what. The waiter merely mentioned it and I jumped on it. Nothing is better on the planet. Well, maybe a few things. But this was pretty fantastic.


It was a great meal and we wanted dessert, but the selections didn't sound so hot here. I guess that is the only knock on this place, and really most places. Dessert sucks.


So we got ice cream and a place called Lapperts. Now we may or may not have been a bit wine drunk at this point, but I don't remember what we got from Lapperts. We went several times and they have a lot of exotic ice creams with typical Hawaii ingredients, things like coconut, mac nuts, and kona coffee. Whatever we had was good and came with little American flags. Which I affixed to our rental car for the rest of the trip because why not?


Wine Drunkies


138


137

July 3rd was also the anniversary of our rehearsal dinner one year ago!

PS. Happy birthday to Mari!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At July 20, 2010 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Erica said...

In SC, something of the most meh looking restaurants are the very best! Case in point: Charleston's Cafe where I get my parfaits. Great eats. Hummus delivered with the bread? I'd be all over that

 
At July 20, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

That's why I don't review wines! I know someone is going to come along and be all, "How can you say that when it totally tastes like peaches on rainbows with a finish of Brazil nuts!" Um, right. I'm with you guys, I want it to taste good and not break the bank.

Also agree about desserts, we never get them out really. Too expensive and who knows what's in it. Love the ice cream shooters! :D

 
At July 20, 2010 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

I LOVE lapperts! They have one in Sausalito and I used to love th one in Hawaii too! Best ice cream ever.

I love your posts, Andy. You should post more often.

 
At July 20, 2010 at 1:28 PM , Blogger h-factor v 2.0 said...

tiny flags affixed to food always make it taste better. real talk.

 
At July 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM , Anonymous Autumn @Good Eats Girl said...

Looks like a fabulous time! I totally agree about wines....as long as it tastes good, I'm cool with it!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Your best advice said...

Looks like a fun time!

 
At July 21, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

Looks like such an amazing day! I think i should go to hawaii. i might meet and fall in love with a local, get married, live in hawaii and then everyone will be jealous of me ... it can happen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home