This Page

has been moved to new address

Hanalei, Kauai and the Wailua River

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Hanalei, Kauai and the Wailua River

This Page

has been moved to new address

Hanalei, Kauai and the Wailua River

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Hanalei, Kauai and the Wailua River

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Hanalei, Kauai and the Wailua River

First and foremost, happy birthday to my mother in law Josie! Andy and I are here with his parents so we can celebrate tonight. I figured I might as well sneak in a quick blog post.

After Ke'e Beach we decided to eat lunch in Hanalei. We were kind of rugged looking after a day of snorkelling so grabbing a burger at Bubba's sounded perfect to me.

100

102

Bubba's sells all kinds of burgers and uses Kauai grass-fed beef which really excited me. (I am a dork afterall.)

103

104

Andy got a kalua pork sandwich with sweet chili sauce. We shared an order of fries.

105

I don't know about you but salty and crispy french fries after a day at the beach taste so good!

106

I ordered one of Bubba's smallest burgers with cheese, teriyaki sauce and pineapple. It was great. I love pineapples with teriyaki sauce.

107

And after lunch we drove around looking for more waterfalls.

108

110

And the Wailua river. It was really striking against the green. Kauai is the greenest island I've seen so far!

112

113

115

121

126

My sad attempt of a picture of the both of us. I put my camera on top of the car.

Sometimes a rushed picture of the two of us using the auto-timer and some sort of holding position is all you need. One day we'll cherish these silly pictures, thinking about the great times we had together. I hope we always travel and venture out into the world with a desire to do more than just visit a place. We experience it. Give us food that the locals would eat. Take us to that beach that tourists typically don't see. I hope we find an excuse to travel every year of our lives, to celebrate each anniversary like we celebrated our first. Maybe that's a little over romanticized for some, but I've never been one to settle for less. Weirdly enough, this silly picture of us makes me so happy. I digress...I'll be back or Andy will be back with more recaps shortly.

Do you travel often? Why or why not?

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At July 17, 2010 at 5:32 AM , Blogger Beth said...

We love to travel, and we do it as often as we can. We actually bought a timeshare so we would be forced to travel once we have kids...I think it's a good way to get out of your own little world every so often, either to see something different, or just to relax!

 
At July 17, 2010 at 9:51 AM , Anonymous Katie @ Healthy Heddleston said...

I'd love to travel more often than we do right now.. all comes down to the finances. We really hope to get to Italy in the next 2-3 years.

Isn't Baba's Burgers awesome? I thought all the pictures of the celebrities who have visited was really cool. Kauai really is the greenest of the islands.. when you see Hawaii on TV and all the greenery, that's truly what Kauai is.

 
At July 17, 2010 at 12:37 PM , Anonymous Ameena said...

I love reading all your Hawaii recaps...I've only been once but I remember how beautiful it is there! The only thing I didn't care for was the food, but apparently Ali and I just didn't know where to eat because all of your meals look amazing.

Now that I have a much more flexible job I have been traveling a lot more than I ever had. I didn't take a vacation for 4 years! But I made up for the last two years by traveling like there was no tomorrow. If I didn't have a 5-year-old stopping me I'd travel even more!

 
At July 17, 2010 at 10:33 PM , Anonymous dmcgirl said...

Awesome!!! Everything is wonderful, your pictures rock.

 
At July 18, 2010 at 9:10 AM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

You've definitely sold me on taking a trip to Hawaii. You both look so happy in the photos. Congrats on your anniversary.
I love to travel but money is always an issue. We try to take little weekend trips close by but I'm hoping to take some big trips soon.

 
At July 19, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Such a fantastic trip! I love the photos. We are so drawn to the Caribbean since it is so close to this side of the US (and I love rum!) that we haven't made it to Hawaii yet. That burger sounds so good and I love the long descriptions about the lettuce and tomato. Ha!

I can't live without travel. I'll make many sacrafices to make sure we have the money for some trips each year. We have friends who are always giving us the must-be-nice treatment. We always want to say, stop going out to eat and quit buying designer purses. You'll have plenty of money for travel. :) Travel has been crazy for us since we were abroad. We got to do a lot. Now that we are back in the US we'll likely fall back into our pattern of Europe and the Caribbean once a year with some weekend trips around the US in between.

 
At July 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM , Blogger seussgirl said...

We used to make it a point to go somewhere new every year for our anniversary, but then kids and unemployment came along, and it's been awhile.
One day we'll travel again, and when we do, I'll be angling for another cruise!

 
At July 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to travel more, but my husband has had three knee replacements and walking around is hard for him.

We usually find a bar, he watches football or baseball, I walk around for 30 minutes, come back have a drink, repeat. Not ideal, but it works!

Happy belated bday to your MIL!

 
At July 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

Mmm! I'm craving a burger right now and I just ate dinner! You guys really ate well!

I would love to travel more often, but cost is a factor...well, time too.

 
At July 20, 2010 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Deanna said...

You have won an award! Come to my blog here to receive it...
http://milestorun.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home