This Page

has been moved to new address

Anniversary cake!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Anniversary cake!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Anniversary cake!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Anniversary cake!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Anniversary cake!

The bakery where we got our wedding cake from is fantastic. For our one year anniversary, they made us a fresh cake to celebrate with. No frozen cake for us! (Our anniversary was July 5th...this post is a wee bit overdue!)

We actually kept the frozen cake but it looked gross. I threw it out. It was a bittersweet moment.

1719 07.05.09

Here's our wedding cake.

1711 07.05.09

The monogram is out of order. I forgave the bakery.

001

Because having a fresh anniversary cake was great.

003

Especially with a bottle of champagne from our wedding night.

004

Buttercream, fresh berries and white cake? YUM!

Being married is awesome. We vowed to get cake for every anniversary.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Your cake was so beautiful!! Our anniversary cake tasted really good still, BUT the places where the flowers had been sitting on the icing... BLECH!! So nasty!! Cake for every anniversary!! Brilliant!! :)

 
At July 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Buttercream and berries??? YUM!! That is my kind of dessert.

Also, your wedding cake was gorgeous. I love all the different shades of purple. So pretty!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

Oh man, that cake sounds magical. I love all varieties, but buttercream and berries get extra points.

I love Doug and look forward to our wedding day, but I have to admit, I'm pretty stoked about the cake too, haha.

 
At July 26, 2010 at 8:10 PM , Anonymous Autumn @Good Eats Girl said...

What a gorgeous cake! And what a great idea for getting a new cake! Sounds delish!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 9:12 PM , Blogger lynn said...

i've been married 7 years and never thought to get an anniversary cake! of course!!!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Hillary said...

That cake looks amazing!! I'm so jealous!
We did the whole freeze the top layer of our wedding cake thing. We broke it out on our anniversary and it was terrible! We definitely should've just bought a new one.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 5:04 AM , Blogger Beth said...

I couldn't bring myself to eat the frozen cake...looked too icky!

I only found out later that the bakery would have made us a new cake!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 6:20 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

BOTH cakes were beautiful :)

I agree - being married is fun! Too bad we don't get to have a wedding shower every year for the stuff we still need ;)

 
At July 27, 2010 at 7:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your wedding cake is GORGEOUS! My husband loves wedding cake so much, I have the bakery near us make his birthday cake out of a top tier - with buttercream frosting.

What a wonderful tradition to start!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

i drooled a little.
Excellent choice!

i absoltey am in love withyour wedding cake! I love the lines! so they screwed up the monogram! psh! its awesome looking

 
At July 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

You should have mentioned in this post that we enjoyed the cake and champagne after a 5.75 mile run/hike in Malibu Creek. That made it taste so much better. Well, for me :)

 
At July 30, 2010 at 4:14 PM , Blogger seussgirl said...

Wow, that anniversary cake looks amazing! (and really makes me want cake...) Why do we have the frozen cake tradition, anyway? Most people I know (including us) couldn't eat it!

 
At July 31, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

OMG what an awesome cake you guys had!!

I am sure enjoying a fresh(delicious looking too!!) cake was much better than frozen and freezer burned!

 
At August 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM , Anonymous Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' said...

Oh, I love that you got a FRESH cake for your anniversary! Our first one is coming up in October, and I'll admit... I'm a bit nervous about digging in to year-old cake! Ha ha. Luckily, one of our good friends is getting married on our anniversary this year, so we'll get to celebrate with FRESH cake, too!

I think getting a cake every year is a great tradition! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home