This Page

has been moved to new address

250th post! Dinner at The Melting Pot

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: 250th post! Dinner at The Melting Pot

This Page

has been moved to new address

250th post! Dinner at The Melting Pot

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: 250th post! Dinner at The Melting Pot

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

250th post! Dinner at The Melting Pot

003

Andy and I had no official plans for New Year's Eve so we decided to check out the specials at Melting Pot. We invited our friends Tiffany and Gary to join us. Here we are covered in steam.

004

Andy swears he's shaving his beard this year. I'm not holding my breath.

007

a warm, gooey fondue pot full of cheese. The only cheese options for New Year's Eve were the basic cheddar and a potato cheddar. Potatoes in fondue sounded weird to us so we stuck with cheddar.

008

Gary is totally down. The cheese fondue comes with bread, veggies and green apples for dipping. Personally I like the bread most as I am a carboholic. My favorite cheese at Melting Pot is the fiesta cheese. It's spicy and comes with tortilla chips! We were all bummed that they didn't offer it.

009

A salad course came after our cheese. I got the house salad. It comes with tomatoes, shredded cheese, croutons, a honey mustard vinegarette and hard-boiled eggs. LOL just for you, Sam. (I used to tease Sam about eating eggs for protein during boot camp and now it has become an inside joke.) I like eggs but HATE hard-boiled. The smell alone gets to me. I wish I liked them because it'd be an easy way to get protein in. Blah. I digress.

012

I forgot to take a picture of the meat course. You didn't want to see raw meat anyways I'm sure. The meat course came with chicken, duck, pork, beef tenderloin and ravioli. You also get 6 sauces to dip the meat in after cooking in the hot fondue pot.

014

And mushrooms, broccoli and potatoes too. Personally, I'm over the meat. Next time I'll just order more veggies.

015

I don't get what is with my hair in this picture. Ignore.

016

Mmm dessert. My favorite is the pound cake and the graham cracker crusted marshmellows.

017

Champagne.

018

We ordered "The Original" chocolate with chunky peanut butter. It's delish.

019

Our server sucked which I hate to say. One of the things I enjoy about Melting Pot is talking with the servers about how the fondue is made. When we went to Melting Pot in Hawaii a few years ago, we had a great experience and a friendly server and it made such a difference. I never knew service mattered to me so much...weird?

Has bad service ever changed your opinion about a favorite restaurant?


2010 Goals

I wanted to post some of my resolutions now that I've had time to think about them.

1. I want to run a 5k this year. I struggle with running in general and would really like to get myself in shape enough to run 3.2 miles in public. Eventually I'd like to run more but for now this is a good goal for me. My friend Sam is training for a half-marathon so I might force myself upon her and run with her for motivation. I know my sister Sarah (Can I link to your blog Sarah?) wants to run too so maybe I can force myself upon her too. Anyone else in Ventura county who would want to run with me?

2. I want to focus on my career this year. (I'm a poet!) Teaching has always been my dream and I am slowly getting closer and closer to it. I start the teaching credential program January 19th. I plan on making good contacts and getting a 4.0 GPA. I graduated college with a 3.8 gpa so a teaching credential with a 4.0 could happen right? (We won't talk about my grades in high school or jr. college mmmk?)

3. I want to make more time for my friends and family. I always try to do this but sometimes I try way too hard and overplan and screw things up. This isn't intentional...I am just wired differently than most people. Seriously. I want to maintain the friendships I currently have while making new friends.

4. I want to meet more food bloggers in my area. I know Ashley and Sam and a few other bloggers but I want to meet more and maybe have some blog meet-ups! Let know if you live in L.A. or Ventura county.

5. I want to lose 10-20 pounds this year. I normally wouldn't make a resolution for weight loss as I feel like I'm just setting myself up for failure but dude...I need to lose weight. I want to be healthier and happier in 2010. (I lost 10 pounds in 2009!!!)

6. I want to spend less money and pay off all of my credit card debt in 2010. In 2009, I managed to pay off 90% of my credit card debt! Considering how expensive this year was for us with travelling and the wedding, I'm pretty impressed. There's always room for improvement though and now that I'm working part-time and going to school full-time I really need to get back on track.

I am rambling so I'll go now! Kudos to you if you read this entire post!

xoxo

Gossip Girl

Labels: , ,

26 Comments:

At January 3, 2010 at 11:37 AM , Blogger sam said...

LOL I am dying that you ended your post with "xoxo gosip girl"

also there is not enough egg in your salad, and i am sad you ate none of it.

We will run a 5k, I need to to help me stay focused! Let's sign up for one this week!

I happen to know you will achieve all of your goals because didn't wont have it any other way!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I think Diddy should be my personal trainer. Diddy has run a marathon. He knows what he's doing!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 12:01 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

I've never been to TMP! It looks awesome though! And woahhh... graham cracker crusted marshmallows?!?!?!?! HOLY COW! I had no idea these existed - genius!!

Good luck with all of your 2010 goals!! :)

 
At January 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Yes you can link to my blog! And I'd really like to run a 5k as well. Let's get back to Sunday runs.

Someday you can take me to the Melting Pot!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Andy said...

i didn't know you were gossip girl.

what is lonely boy up to?

 
At January 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

I love love love fondue! Just about the best food experience ever, in my opinion. Something about little forks full of delicious food just gets me every time. :P

Best of luck with your resolutions!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Yes - service can def ruin a restaurant for me... I have not been to The Melting Pot yet but it is on my list! I love fondue!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Service is key! I have even written letters to restaurants if I have bad service - one place took us 2 hours for lunch - and the place was nearly empty!

I asked for the manager, who was not on site. I wrote a letter to not only the manager but the owner of the restaurant and got no reply back!

My only solace is they are not out of business!

Love your 2010 goals!!!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

It is on my bucket list to go to the melting pot before I die.. It sounds like such a fun place!

best of luck with your goals, honey. You can do it!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

Oh yum...I love the Melting Pot. I too love the graham cracker marshmallows, but I have to say the bread and cheese is my favorite part.
Unfortunately, Sisley in the Oaks mall has my favorite salad but my husband refuses to go since we always get horrible service. Why is that? It's no wonder it's always empty when Cheesecake Factory is packed.
I wish you the best on all your resolutions. I've always wanted to train for a marathon but every time I get outside to run I end up jogging, then get distracted by my iPod and start walking LOL...maybe you'll motivate me when I read of your success.

 
At January 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh - I have always wanted to eat at Melting Pot!!

Great goals for 2010! I'll look forward to hearing about your progress throughout the year.

 
At January 3, 2010 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Gina; The Candid RD said...

Oh yes, spend less money, that's on my list too!

I've never been to the MElting Pot, but I've heard good things. All of your pictures look so delicious, especially that dessert. I'm such a sucker for dessert, of any kind really. I'm the same as you, and I think service is really important. Especially at a place like the Melting Pot (which is somewhat different from the norm). I mean, if you wanted to learn more about fondue, the waiter/waitress should be willing to talk about it! Bummer. Glad you enjoyed the food though, and happy new year!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That fondue looks incredible! I love the picture with the smokey haze, too appropriate! We have a Melting Pot near us and we're yet to go. May need to change that here soon! Your 2010 goals look balanced, attainable, and wonderful! Happy 2010!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Mari said...

Ha I loved that you closed it with "xoxo gossip girl"

I too want to run a 5k this year...correction. I too WILL run a 5k this year. I want to start training already but it so cold out there.

I went to a Fondue place for my sister's bday and we had to cook all our food right there at the table and omg did I stink! I had to wash my hair like 4 times! Rinse repeat rince repeat.....

 
At January 3, 2010 at 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, someday, when you move to portland and we're drinking buddies, we're going to go to a place in my old hood that's a fondue place attached to a bar that makes pretty drinks. melted cheese + booze. and a great happy hour menu!
you know it's a great plan.

 
At January 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

Best of luck to accomplishing your goals. That is awesome that you paid off so much debt. I wish :)

You can get a 4.0 in teaching college. I did it 2 semesters in a row and I was so proud.

 
At January 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM , Anonymous Lily @ Lily's Health Pad said...

LOVE The Melting Pot. My parents took me there for my college graduation...MMMmmmm!

I wish I lived in your area! I'd love to do a blogger meet up, but we're lacking bloggers here in SC.

 
At January 3, 2010 at 6:34 PM , Blogger The Linz said...

Great goals Amanda! I am excited that you want to do a 5k. Once I ran my first 5k I was addicted after that. It just takes one race to get ya! Also - your night at the melting pot looked ahmazing!! Yum! Now I really want melty chocolate and cheese. Thanks a lot!! ;)

 
At January 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

I'm in LA!!! I'm in LA!!! Can we meet? We must meet! I would love to see you again!!! :D

Ah, I don't mind if the service is bad, as long as the food is good. I just have an excuse to tip less. ;-p

 
At January 3, 2010 at 8:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Congratulations on your debt payoff! Dang I really admire that. Your goals are incredz. Really well thought out! I think your hair looks tight in that picture, watchu talkin bout? And lastly, I love that y'all got a facial steam at the melting pot! Beauty and nutrition needs addressed in one location! So awesome!

 
At January 4, 2010 at 6:43 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Love the melting pot! LOVE! And you're right, service matters a great deal especially there because the server is standing there for a bit of time doing stuff.

Your goals are awesome and you can totally achieve those! Rock it!

 
At January 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Good for you for losing 10 pounds in the past year. That's awesome! I hope you lose another 10 this year :)

Also, the salad in your most recent post looks HEAVENLY! I could so go for that right about now!

 
At January 4, 2010 at 1:22 PM , Blogger DanGarion said...

We will never go to Melting Pot ever again due to bad service we received there (as well as the ridiculous price!).

 
At January 5, 2010 at 12:00 PM , Blogger seussgirl said...

Mmm- love the Melting Pot! I love the mushrooms in the green goddess dip. :) And we've also had hot and cold service there. Richmond, VA was awesome, but Philly sucked!

Happy New Year!

 
At January 5, 2010 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

woooo kudos to me then! wish i coulda had them in a melting pot tho

 
At January 6, 2010 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Lori said...

We love Melting Pot. We used to always go when we traveled, but now we have one in our town. That may be either a very good or very bad thing. I haven't decided yet. :)

Best wishes for your goals. You'll make it to that run, no problem! I'm training for a half marathon and right now I am in the "this is very scary" phase.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home