This Page

has been moved to new address

Paradise Falls

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Paradise Falls

This Page

has been moved to new address

Paradise Falls

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Paradise Falls

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Paradise Falls

Last week, my friend Diana asked me to go hiking with her. I happily agreed. I've been needing something like this!

But first, let's rewind to last night.

001

I wanted to make something quick and easy but didn't know where to start with what we have in the house. The Challenge reminded me to be resourceful.

I took 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes (leftover in the fridge and needed to be used), 1 can chicken broth, 1 can sweet corn, half a jar of black bean salsa, a few dashes of tapatio, cumin, sea salt and dumped it all in a pan with the Chicken Chile Verde.

003

Topped it with the remaining wedge of sharp cheddar and enjoyed it with some chips and hummus. We buy our Sabra hummus from Costco. It lasts forever! We bought this one mid October.

004

The soup was pretty good for being made up of odds and ends. I would have preferred to garnish it with sour cream, tortilla chips and avocado but we don't have any of those. The old me would have made a beeline for the nearest grocery store but the new me knew I could live without it. (I love the new me!)

005

We hiked about 4-5 miles (Right Diana?) through this beautiful area in Thousand Oaks. I had no idea it even existed.

006

We passed a large teepee. (I was huffing and puffing the entire hike so I didn't take as many pictures as I should have!)

007

The waterfall we hiked to was well worth it! It was really flowing! I was expecting to see a much smaller waterfall.

008

Diana and I sat for awhile and talked about life. It was relaxing and so nice. I've forgotten to appreciate nature recently. Who knew this waterfall was only 30 minutes away?

009

I am totally looking forward to more hikes/more outdoorsy-type workouts. The treadmill is getting quite boring. Plus we are enemies. Have I told you about the girl at the gym yet?

Ugh.

So there is a girl who works out at the gym at the same time as me. She runs like the wind and I am jealous of her. Sometimes I try to compete with her ("if she runs for 20 minutes, you should run for 25 minutes!) and it's ridiculously silly of me.

Do you ever find yourself being competitive? Usually I am not a competitive person at all but I'm totally jealous of all the runners in my life. I wish I could be like that!

Vote for Me
Good Mood Gig from SAM-e

Also please vote for Meghann. She is one of my favorite bloggers and is so sweet in person. (We met briefly at the Foodbuzz Festival. This really would be a great opportunity for her. Thanks!

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

At November 17, 2009 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

That is such a pretty waterfall!

I'm competetive with lots of things. Sometimes it's a good thing but others it hurts me.

 
At November 17, 2009 at 2:22 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Gorgeous scenery!! I don't think I've ever seen a real teepee!! :)

I used to get competitive with running and working out, but now I think I'm just thankful I can even run. Having knee problems made me appreciate just being able to move pain free and if I can run 5 miles fantastic, but I no longer worry about if I'm the slowest.

 
At November 17, 2009 at 2:31 PM , Anonymous Yasmin @ Pretty Little Steps said...

Wow, that is a breath-taking trail. I'm jealous it's so close to you!

I think the biggest lesson I've learned in running is that it's all about patience and perseverance. You stick through with it, and I guarantee you'll get faster (:

 
At November 17, 2009 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

That waterfall is in TO?? Please send me directions - I had no idea it was there either!

 
At November 17, 2009 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a pretty hike!
good job sticking to your no grocery buying-i'd have a terrible time with that! (which i suppose means it'd be good for me to do...)

 
At November 17, 2009 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Diana said...

With our sense of direction, it was definitely 4-5 miles. lol. Mega props to us. I'm so excited we're going to get out and explore more. Blondie gym girl can keep the treadmills!

 
At November 17, 2009 at 4:20 PM , Blogger The Linz said...

I feel the same way! I see people running on the treads next to me and find myself wanting to peak over and see how fast they are going so I can go faster. But I then have to realize that I am on my own journey, so however fast or slow is right for me. But it doesn't hurt to use her as motivation.

When I run in a race I try to pick someone to eventually pass or atleast keep speed with.

 
At November 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous pictures from your hike!!

i do the same thing with competing with random people next to me... it makes it fun :)

 
At November 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that waterfall is amazing! I'm so glad you were able to get away and observe nature :)

I'm so not a competitive person but I know others who are. Funny thing is, she is probably think the same as you, like "That girl is going to run 25 minutes, so I'd better make it to at least 20!" ;-)

Your coupons are in the mail!

 
At November 17, 2009 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Erica said...

Hey girly! Dinner looks awesome! Just a note- check the expiration date on that hummus! I used to buy my sabra from Costco until I noticed we were starting to eat expired hummus! What a hike- so beautiful

 
At November 17, 2009 at 7:44 PM , Anonymous Diana said...

Pretty waterfall! We went hiking this past weekend, too! It's good to get close to nature sometimes. :)

 
At November 17, 2009 at 9:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I see girls running at the speed of 9 mph for hours and not even really breaking a sweat, I feel like pushing her off the treadmill. lol, not really, but close enough.

Yeah, I do get pretty competitive...usually only in certain things though.

Lovely scenery! I love hiking, too. I actually rarely run indoors. It makes me yawn!

 
At November 18, 2009 at 5:36 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

wow, it's beautiful! Hiking is one of my favorite things to do.

 
At November 18, 2009 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Meghann said...

Thanks for the shout out :)

And I am jealous of your access to those beautiful views!

I am very competitive, I think you have to me to grow with 3 siblings!

 
At November 18, 2009 at 9:53 AM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

That's a great hike. I've been there quite a few times. I can't wait until after the rainy season when the waterfall is really strong.

 
At November 18, 2009 at 11:25 AM , Blogger DanGarion said...

Competition is perfectly healthy, it pushes you to do more and to try and succeed. The day you stop wanting to compete is the day you die... IMO

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home