This Page

has been moved to new address

Pasta with Roasted Veggies, Italian Sausage and Pesto Cream Sauce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Pasta with Roasted Veggies, Italian Sausage and Pesto Cream Sauce

This Page

has been moved to new address

Pasta with Roasted Veggies, Italian Sausage and Pesto Cream Sauce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Pasta with Roasted Veggies, Italian Sausage and Pesto Cream Sauce

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Pasta with Roasted Veggies, Italian Sausage and Pesto Cream Sauce

001

This morning I tried a Wallaby Australian yogurt for the first time. It was creamy, pineapple-y and smooth. I loved it!

003

I also had half of my FAVORITE bar ever. I spent $2 on it and it was worth every penny. I ate 1/3 and saved the rest for Andy.

004

Lunch was my favorite burrito. Amy's Southwestern. I have no idea why it's so good but it is.

005

Food Should Taste Good Multi-Grain chips with sabra hummus. Look how full our pantry is. This is why I needed the November Challenge. To empty out this darn pantry.

Ok so onto what I really wanted to post about. Dinner.

007

Tonight I was craving pasta with creamy, cheesy sauce and roasted veggies. I sliced up a butternut squash (cost me $1!!), zucchini, eggplant and an onion.

008

009

Roasted with sea salt, black pepper and a little olive oil. I put it in the oven at 400* for 25 minutes.

012

While I roasted the veggies, I consulted my favorite recipe book.

013

It didn't have what I was looking for, so I improvised.

014

I had this asiago cheese and Mezzetta pesto. (The pesto was from the Foodbuzz festival!)

015

I made a creamy pesto sauce using 1/2 cup half & half, 2 tbsp ricotta cheese, 2 tbsp cornstarch, 3 tbsp pesto, 2 tbsp unsalted butter and a dash of olive oil. Just add each ingredient slowly and whisk quickly until well blended.

016

Throw the roasted veggies in with the whole wheat pasta.

017

And then toss in the pesto cream sauce. (Yes, I realize it's a little sinful and high in calories but it's Friday night!) I would also love to try this pasta with balsamic vinegar and olive oil instead of the cream sauce.

018

We also added in some italian sausage. This pasta made enough for 6 people. Leftovers! YAY!!!

019

I had a mini pom-tini with dinner. Bliss.

I love meals like these because they taste rich and sinful but have way less calories than your typical meal at a restaurant. I made sure to serve Andy and myself one serving each. I put the rest of the pasta in a tupperware immediately so we didn't overeat. That really helps a lot.

Hope you are having a great Friday night!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

21 Comments:

At November 13, 2009 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Anne Zimmerman said...

I wish I was at your house for dinner!
Side note -- I spotted some Wallaby with fruit on the bottom -- and I mean good fruit on the bottom: passion fruit & mango, mixed berries, apricots.... so far what I have tried has been delish so keep your eyes open!

 
At November 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM , Blogger lynn said...

delish dinner! where'd you get the wallaby? i have a coupon i need to use and am wondering where to go....

 
At November 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM , Blogger sam said...

That pasta looks bom-tastic Amanda!

 
At November 14, 2009 at 6:40 AM , Anonymous Diana said...

I LOVE Wallaby yogurts - they're one of my faves. Pasta looks great! :)

 
At November 14, 2009 at 7:09 AM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

I've never seen that Amy's burrito before!! I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for that one - sounds great!!

Your dinner looks pretty fabulous too! :)

 
At November 14, 2009 at 7:36 AM , Anonymous Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

What a great pasta dish! There is nothing better than a creamy, flavorful pasta dish!

 
At November 14, 2009 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

@The Actors Diet- I got it at Whole Foods in Porter Ranch!

 
At November 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Erica said...

What a great dinner! Roasted veggies are the absolute best. Love the mix you made. Josh and I are also HUGE fans of Amy's burritos. They have some of the best products

 
At November 14, 2009 at 9:06 AM , Anonymous Jessica said...

I love the southwestern burrito, too. Your pasta looks delicious!

 
At November 14, 2009 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am so going to make this! I love the colors!

I made some mahi mahi last night with pineapple/plum salsa..it tasted rich too but nice on the waist line.

 
At November 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Gina; The Candid RD said...

What a great looking meal!! Yum, it's really similar to some of the meals I like to throw together, but the addition of the pesto cream sauce is new to me! It sounds amazing.

Oh, I also love the Amy's burritos. They are so delicious.

 
At November 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

The amy's burritos are my FAVORITE! have you ever tried the non-dairy one? oh, it rivals Taco Bell, I swear!

 
At November 14, 2009 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

Looks like a great dinner!

I tried that pesto and really enjoyed it. I put it on a sandwich as a spread and it added so much flavor! Hope you are having a great weeken!

 
At November 14, 2009 at 11:28 PM , Blogger EatTravelEat said...

I remember eating a Wallaby yogurt after going into a Whole Foods the first time in my life. Free trip to Australia it felt like! Quite nice.

 
At November 15, 2009 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Mari said...

That Pasta dish looks great. Sometimes the best reipes are the ones that you throw together.

oh I will look for tha burrito next! I am trying one new Amy Product every week lol

 
At November 15, 2009 at 9:57 AM , Anonymous FoodCents said...

That pasta looks tasty, looks like your creativity led to a super tasty meal!! I love when that happens:)

I am curious how the pesto was, on it's own, if you had a chance to try it straight up.

 
At November 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pasta sounds deliciosu, and oh-so-healthy!

I like that pesto SO much...I've already used half a bottle just as a spread for my sandwiches!

 
At November 16, 2009 at 5:34 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

yum - that pasta sounds awesome!

and lucky you having a pantry :)

 
At November 16, 2009 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Bitty Babushka said...

MMM. That dinner looks so tasty! I love loaded pasta dishes! :)

 
At November 16, 2009 at 12:53 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

The pasta and veggies look SO good. Glad your improvised meal worked out so well!

 
At November 18, 2009 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Ooooh, I want that pasta NOW!!!! (And I'm still full from dinner :( )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home