This Page

has been moved to new address

Pasta

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Pasta

This Page

has been moved to new address

Pasta

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Pasta

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pasta

YUM. I needed some carbs today so I decided to make a huge pot of pasta. I can't wait for leftovers tomorrow.

001
Here are all of my ingredients. Feta cheese, broccoli, a can of diced tomatoes, some grape tomatoes that are on their last legs, olive oil, sea salt, italian pasta and seasonings (from my friend Ashley! She brought it from Italy!) and some red potatoes.

008

First I caramelized onions with a little butter. I realize butter is terrible for you but OH WELL. It tastes fantastic in the pasta sauce.

002
The colorful italian pasta.

003
The seasonings. I love how it's labeled "Mother-in-law's Killer." It is SPICY!

009
The pasta dyed the water pink while boiling.

012

While the pasta boiled, I added some grape tomatoes to the caramelizing onions. These tomatoes were almost ready to be thrown out. Roasting them was a great way to avoid waste.

014
Added a can of diced tomatoes (no salt added to reduce my sodium intake) and a heaping scoop of diced garlic. I bought a jar of diced garlic at Costco. Fresh garlic would be much better, I'm sure!

018
I tossed the pasta in the sauce and topped it with feta cheese and turkey bacon. YUM! This bowl was about 375 calories. I made 8 servings of pasta. It was so good!

Thanks for giving us this pasta Ashley!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At March 19, 2009 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Joie de vivre said...

Butter is just fine girly. Everything in moderation and the amount you used looks completely in moderation to me. That tri color pasta is so funny and cute!

 
At March 20, 2009 at 3:35 AM , Blogger The Purple Carrot said...

I love that colorful pasta!! I'm gonna have to find me some tri colored pasta! ; )

 
At March 20, 2009 at 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pretty pasta colors!

 
At March 20, 2009 at 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that pasta is awesome!

 
At March 20, 2009 at 6:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the multicolored pasta, I'm going to have to try that! Good way to use up those veggies :) We have a seasoning at home called "Slap Yo Mama" haha, gotta love clever names. Have a great day!

 
At March 20, 2009 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Mari said...

That looks delish!!!!

 
At March 20, 2009 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Rose said...

I love love love colorful pasta!

Have I mentioned how much I like the new blog layout?

 
At March 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM , Blogger EatTravelEat said...

I have to say, that pasta is very beautiful. It would fit in a art gallery or take place of a bow tie for a event :).

It is interesting how the water became just pink, but not also green and pink. I wonder why!

 
At March 20, 2009 at 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

your pasta looks amazing!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home