This Page

has been moved to new address

100th blog post, 100 days till our wedding!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: 100th blog post, 100 days till our wedding!

This Page

has been moved to new address

100th blog post, 100 days till our wedding!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: 100th blog post, 100 days till our wedding!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Friday, March 27, 2009

100th blog post, 100 days till our wedding!

How funny is it that my 100th blog post just happens to occur today? It's officially 100 days until our wedding! I can't believe it.

Of course, now that we are 100 days in I feel the crunch more than ever before. I plan on doing the Shred this morning after Andy leaves for work, running with Ashley on Saturday and running on Sunday. My goal for the next few weeks is to run two-three miles. I'm not a particularily strong runner so that is a pretty lofty goal for me.

So I have two questions for you guys today;

1. What is your opinion on "cheat meals?" I typically let myself have a cheat meal once a week. I think it shakes up my metobolism and helps me get through the week easier since I'm not completely restricting myself. At the same time, I am wondering if it is hindering my weight loss. Do you let yourself have "cheat meals?" What do you consider a cheat?

2. I read about the benefits of juice fasts earlier this week and wondered if it would be a good way for me to "jumpstart" my slow and annoying metobolism. But is it really worth it? I don't want to do anything that might potentially hurt my body.

So I turn to you, what do you think?

OMG 100 days till I marry the love of my life! CRAZY!!!!

For fun here's a picture from our engagement session!

engagement1

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At March 27, 2009 at 7:06 AM , Blogger The Purple Carrot said...

Hooray for only a hundred days!!!! : ) : )

Yes, I think cheat meals are necessary to keep me sane, lol. While we haven't been good at it lately, we try to just only "splurge" a day or two on the weekend and have more of a "healthy" cheat meal or cook something more "extragagant" together rather than a bucket full of grease at some restaurant or something. (though we do need that, too about every six months or so;) upon which we remember why we only do it every six months or so, lol.

Aaaaand, personally, I'm not much of a fan of diets, such as a juice diet. I think our body needs more than that and I think there are healthier ways to boost your metabolism such as eating healthy mini meals every 3-4 hours, etc.

Aaaaand congrats once again on the 100 days and have a GREAT weekend:)!!

 
At March 27, 2009 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Adventures in Newlywed said...

Congratulations on the blog posts AND the coming wedding!

 
At March 27, 2009 at 7:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

I don't really do cheat meals because that implies that I am denying myself the rest of the week. However, there are times, maybe once every other week or once a month that I will indulge in maybe one thing that I don't normally have in daily life, like a bigger dessert or a side dish like french fries or something like that. But not an entire meal.

I think it can definitely hinder weight loss. Just be aware of everything, as you are, because you do a blog :) Sometimes people think they are having a cheat meal and they actually extend it beyond that without even realizing it.

I could never do a juice diet. I like solid food too much ;-)

 
At March 27, 2009 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Rose said...

Aw, you guys are really cute. I love that photo.

Congrats on 100th post and 100 days!

 
At March 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Mari said...

WOW 100 days! you must be so excited...

Dude you look so pretty in that picture....


I think Cheat are a must...NOT CHEAT DAYS! I think cheat days are what ruin all the hardwork you have done but cheat meals are important. When I was seeing my nutritionist and I would hit a plateau, she would tell me to have a cheat meal rev up my metabolism and it worked (for me anyways)


I don't think I could ever do a juice diet because I workout way too much and I think I would pass out lol

 
At March 27, 2009 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Erica said...

How cool that the 100/100 fell on the SAME day! Craziness! I do think "cheat" meals are good! This month I'm sort of trying to avoid them all together to stay truly "clean", but most of the time I allow one a week. I do try not to go toooo far overboard!

I'd avoid the juice fast...maybe just my opinon but I think that is counter productive....just my opinion.

CUTE pic of you two. Love it!

 
At March 27, 2009 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Mrs. Bradley said...

WOW...JUST 100 days. CONGRATS!

 
At March 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Ozge said...

aww your excitement does reflect on the post - congrats!

i wouldn't go for a juice diet - maybe a smoothie diet that's nutritious! - mm practically i wouldn't stick to it.

and cheat meals... what are they? i consume stuff that i don't necessarily need for my survival sometimes, and increasingly around my period. then again, i regulate it. no need to purge on unhealthy stuff, alright we're all mortal but why shorten our time?

 
At March 27, 2009 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY 100 :D
love the engagement picture - so charming

 
At March 27, 2009 at 4:45 PM , Blogger skr said...

congrats! and awesome, awesome photo. =)

 
At March 28, 2009 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Pearl said...

oh i LOVE the engagement photo - you two are such a gorgeous couple!

and as for the juice fast.. i've heard that sometimes, after a couple of days, your body's metabolism slows down in order to save itself from starvation.. so when you start to eat again, it's actually counter-productive towards the goal you want to achieve.

i'm not a dietician or anything though.. so you may want to ask around :)

 
At March 28, 2009 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

Congrats! I love the photo too!!

 
At March 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

I just want to add one more thing about your question on fasting... I don't like to "fast" but I do like to detox my body. This weekend, I'm eating only raw, uncoooked food, i.e. only fruits and vegetables. I'm not starving myself but at the same time, I am giving my body a rest... it's much easier for the body to digest and use whole, natural foods than it is cooked, processed ones. I aim for at least 1,000-1,200 calories. When we deprive ourselves of calories, our bodies make adjustments by slowing down our metabolism. Our bodies do this because it thinks that we are starving. If you go on a juice fast, I'm afraid you won't get enough calories, and your body will begin to think that it's being starved and slow down your metabolism, which is not what you want. I agree with, Pearl, from the post above, that it may be counterproductive. I prefer going raw for a couple of days... I feel lighter and my tummy becomes really flat. I hope this helps!

 
At March 29, 2009 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Thanks for all of your honest responses! :)

 
At March 30, 2009 at 4:56 AM , Anonymous Sarah W. said...

cute pics! I dont like the concept of cheat meals...it completely screwed up my mentality of eating and intuitive eating. i just count cals, carbs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home