This Page

has been moved to new address

Wolfgang Puck at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Wolfgang Puck at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas

This Page

has been moved to new address

Wolfgang Puck at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Wolfgang Puck at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wolfgang Puck at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas

This post is long overdue. I need to post it because I get stressed out very easily when I forget to post things!

I'm pretty excited! Today I am going to meet one of my blog friends. Before food blogging, I used to blog on Livejournal heck, I still blog on there from time to time. I started my first livejournal 10 years ago. Way to make me feel old. Anyway one of my blog friends, Laura is in town for a few days and we are going to go out to brunch. We've been blog friends for over 7 years, I think!

Anywho, on to the food. I figured I might as well post about our last meal in Las Vegas. I am so behind on posts but I really don't want to post more than once a day if I can help it. So here it is.

072

We decided to go to Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in the MGM Grand. It was a first for all of us. I ordered the pork belly BLT. I had never tried pork belly like this before and was intrigued after reading Jenna talk about it in her blog.

073

The sandwich came with a side of pasta salad. It was supposed to be veggie pasta salad but I didn't see enough veggies. Just noodles. Blah.

074

The pork belly blt was difficult to eat. It was the kind of sandwich you had to either deconstruct to eat or simply risk tearing up the roof of your mouth. I really had no desire to tear up my mouth so I deconstructed it. The bread was perfectly toasty and the tomatoes set the sandwich over the top. The pork belly tasted like bacon, no surprise there. I think it was a little thick and hard to eat. I would have preferred it sliced up on top of pasta or pizza. I think BLTs should have bacon. (And avocado)

075

Andy got a lamb gyro wrap with couscous and a cucumber salad. His dish was way better than mine. I know because I stole bites. Why else would we have gotten married?

076

The lamb in the wrap was so delicious. I used to be scared of trying things like lamb but it honestly tastes like beef to me. (I'm no culinary genius, what do I know?)

077

Tiffany got a cuban sandwich. OMG. I stole bites from her too. The four of us always share food. We're family. I loved the cuban, I need to order these more often!

078

Gary got a burger with a crap ton of fries. As far as I remember, he didn't even really eat the fries! The burger had an onion marmalade on top of it that was delicious. I do remember that.

Overall, it was a decent lunch. I think Wolfgang has his hand in way too many pots but his food is good so I guess I can't hate on him. Well, I could but I won't.

Thoughts on Wolfgang? Do you think he's a sellout?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At August 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM , Anonymous emily (a nutritionist eats) said...

I haven't really eaten in any of his restaurants but would like to soon, I know there is one in Minneapolis!
(Love pork belly but I had it more on its own so you can really taste it, etc.)

 
At August 24, 2010 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Onion marmalade?? Oh my, that just sounds delish. I've never tried pork bell either but am intrigued.

We have one of his restaurants here but never been.

 
At August 25, 2010 at 7:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to Wolfgang Pucks in Chicago - but I always went with the wood fired stove pizza which is amazing.

Sorry yours was just okay - I would have been all over the Cuban, unless of course there was a Reuben on the menu!

 
At August 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Fritos and Foie Gras said...

he might be a sellout, but oy vey WHAT a sellout! I love the way you two write! i can tell you love to cook and eat, and i am the same way :) can't wait to read more!!

 
At August 25, 2010 at 6:38 PM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

Blog friend for 7 years? That's crazy and too cute! I hope you guys had a blast!

 
At August 26, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous Laura said...

awww, thanks for the mention. It was great to finally meet you (and eat yummy food in the process)!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home