This Page

has been moved to new address

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Everybody's working for the weekend

This Page

has been moved to new address

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Everybody's working for the weekend

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Everybody's working for the weekend

Hi! How was your friday night? Andy and I went out for dinner and a movie with our friends Tiffany and Gary. We saw "Up in the Air" with George Clooney. I really enjoyed it!

Dinner was slightly rushed and went unphotographed. We went to a chain greek place Daphne's. Despite it being a chain, I really enjoy Daphne's! The pita bread is so soft and doughy.

002

Rewinding back to yesterday. I ran 2 miles in 30 minutes. I walked half and ran half. I WISH I could do 3 miles in 30 minutes. That's actually one of my goals! I get upset about my slow pace all the time.

Then I remind myself;

1. Rome wasn't built in a day
2. I had an extra 20-30 pounds on me.
3. There was a time in my life when even half a mile was a struggle!

So instead of whining and crying, I celebrate my slowness! Man, my heart rate got high. I can't believe it.

004

I ran about two hours after having breakfast with Sam at Starbucks. But the running made me STARVING! So a raw veggie plate with hummus was in order.

005

And some peanut butter/flax toast. And some leftover Potato Kale Soup

006

This morning, I sampled some cereal that Nature's Path was kind enough to send us to sample. Andy raved about this cereal so I knew I had to try it out before it was all gone.

007

I made a yogurt bowl with blueberry oikos, strawberries (from Oxnard, Ca which is a walk, skip and a jump away from our apartment!) and Nature's Path. The maple flavor in this cereal is fantastic! I loved that the cereal stayed crunchy in my yogurt. Nothing is worse than soggy cereal.

008

After my yogurt bowl, Andy and I went to the gym. Andy ran 2 miles on the treadmill and I did an easy 4 miles on the elliptical. I wish 4 miles on the treadmill was that easy!

And I burned 414 calories. NICEEEE. I immediately ate a tangerine when I got home. ("So sweet & juicy!" I hope someone gets that.)

We are going to pack for our night in Anaheim now! I'll be sure to take pictures. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At January 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Of course I get "so sweet and juicy"!

I really liked Up in the Air too.

(This is Laura of the musikitty variety, btw.)

 
At January 9, 2010 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

You're right, Rome wasn't built in a day -- I have to remind myself of that sometimes. Have a great Saturday :)

 
At January 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

oh sweetie we are all works in progress. Be patient with yourself! You are doing AMAZINGLY and growing stronger each day! <3

 
At January 9, 2010 at 3:35 PM , Blogger lynn said...

soggy cereal is the pits. agreed.

 
At January 9, 2010 at 5:08 PM , Blogger AllThingsYummy said...

Daphne's is great. I used to get the chicken kabob lunch special all the time when I worked near one in Ventura.
I'm really looking forward to strawberry season this year. We definitely grow them great here in the VC. LOL
There is a great organic market off Central in Camarillo that just opened last year. They have the yummiest strawberries.
Hope you have a great time in Anaheim.

 
At January 9, 2010 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Mari said...

You are totally rocking your workouts! I am happy to see you are enjoying your F6! I can't workout without mine. Today I worked at the gym and forgot my watch so I refused to workout lol

 
At January 10, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Anonymous ashleigh said...

I love greek food!! You are on a roll, awesome healthy eats + workouts!

 
At January 10, 2010 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Dawn Dishes It Out said...

Great job with the running!!! & the attitude!

 
At January 11, 2010 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

I've tried two other Nature's Path cereals and love them. There's a strawberry/rasberry one and a pumpkin flax seed one. I like to put the pumpkin flax seed version in yogurt.

I walked/ran 2 miles in 24:30!

 
At January 11, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man you are making me really want a heart rate monitor, ha ha. Don't worry about your speed, it took me a long time to build up to 30 minutes of straight running. I think walk/running is great too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home