This Page

has been moved to new address

"I'm hungry for more"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: "I'm hungry for more"

This Page

has been moved to new address

"I'm hungry for more"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: "I'm hungry for more"

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, January 11, 2010

"I'm hungry for more"

How cool would it be to have Anthony Bourdain's job? Andy and I are settled in for the night watching his show and wishing we could be him for awhile. Imagine eating and travelling for a living? FANTASTIC?

001

Alas, I lead a normal life. Today I planned on going to the gym after working (!!!) but my knees were killing me so I made today a rest day. After filling out tons of paperwork and watching gag-inducing bloodborne pathogen videos, I made myself lunch. Raw veg and hummus.

002

Veggie loaded spinach pasta with a dab of pesto and some turkey sausage. This pasta was killer. I added tomatoes, zucchini and crookneck squash to a 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and mixed it in with the pasta.

003

Dinner was junk food, made a bit healthier. For the burger, I used lean beef. Each burger was 190 calories, 8 grams of fat and 23 grams of protein. I used a whole wheat bun and a slice of pepper jack cheese to make it tastier.

004

With chipotle sweet potato fries. I use the frozen Alexia brand. Each bag hhas 7 servings but I split it into 4 servings. So I probably ate about 1.75 servings. (ok I'm a nerd!)

005

And a pickle.

006

For dessert, I'm having a mini margarita. I used one shot of tequila, one part Trader Joe's Margarita mix (it's lower in sugar than most! loooooove it!) and one part Simply Orange juice. I love making margaritas on nights like these. And the low-sugar mix doesn't spike my blood sugar like most mixes do.

As for the job, it went great because all I did today was watch that horrible video. I am completely freaked out by needles and this video was chockful of them. GAG GAG GAG!!!!

Are you freaked out by needles?

Labels: , , , ,

22 Comments:

At January 11, 2010 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

Needles and I are not friends. I would say I eat 1.75 ounces of French Fries. Must me exact for counting purposes.

 
At January 11, 2010 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know, logically, that needles are ok. but i tense up soooo bad whenever i have to get poked.

have you ever had a glucose tolerance test? so. many. needles. ugh.

 
At January 11, 2010 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Yelena said...

Delicious eats!

I used to not care about needles until I developed a fun little party trick of passing out at the doctor's office. It's pure talent!

I love the healthy margarita!

 
At January 11, 2010 at 9:12 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

Well, I got poked in the veins with IV needles 5 times in a row once because the dame nurse couldn't find a good vein. After that, I'm pretty much immune to needles.

Haha, that was EXACTLY what I was thinking when I'm watching Anthony Bourdain on netflix. Love his show, I watch it almost every night.

 
At January 11, 2010 at 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

blahh i hate needles and blood! GROSS.
love how you made your "bad" dinner into a healthy one!!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 3:37 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Mmmm! Sweet potato fries are a favorite in our home! We cover ours in chili powder. Looooove them!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Rose said...

I almost just wrote, "Chipolte has SP fries???" but then I realized that your fries were even healthier. Looks like a tasty meal!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Anonymous Whitney @ Lettuce Love said...

Anthony Bourdain definitely has the best job ever! Trader Joe's margarita mix -- I need to try that :)

 
At January 12, 2010 at 7:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, needles don't bother me. I got allergy shots when I was a kid so I guess I got used to 'em. But I definitely can't watch the surgery channel, blech!

Looks like you had a great day of eating. I have never tried spinach pasta! Sounds great.

 
At January 12, 2010 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Naomi(Onefitfoodie) said...

junk food made healtheir is the best junk food out there, dont ya think?

chiptole fries sound KILLER!!!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Kara (@ Kara's Marathon) said...

Those sweet tater fries look awesome! And yes, I'm not a needle person either. Ick :(

Now that I'm a vegetarian, I don't think Anthony Bourdain would like me very much! :) I'd still love to get a beer (or many beers) with him sometime...he seems like an awesome guy to hang out with. Actually, most of the Travel Channel guys (AB, Dhani Jones, Adam Richman) would be good drinking buddies!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 9:00 AM , Blogger chrystad72 said...

Hey!! so glad you stopped by my site cause it lead me to your awesome blog!!! Oddly enough needles dont bother me too much. Granted when I have to give blood its not something I look forward to, but I dont fear it either. I love Anothony Bourdain!! Hes too fun. Have a wonderful day!!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) said...

Haha I LOVE Anthony Bourdain...I would love to have his job...! And he never seems to put on a pound right!? Not fair.

 
At January 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Needles aren't my favorite but watching them take my blood kills me.

Lunch and dinner look fantastic! I need to try those fries. I'll be on the lookout for TJ margarita mix...mmmm good!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 10:41 AM , Anonymous Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) said...

I looove those sweet potato fries, but I haven't tried the chipotle ones!
terrified of needles!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Mari said...

I am very freaked out by needles! When I was little, I would hide under my dr's desk and one time I was in the ER and they were taking blood out and I got really weezy and puked everywhere! but yet I have tats and HAD three tongue rings lol... go figure

 
At January 12, 2010 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Those sweet potato fries are so yummy. We buy them all the time. I have to be careful though because I can eat a ton of them.

 
At January 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

Andrew and I love Anthony Bourdain too!!

Your healthy burger and fries look so great!! And that little margarita is adorable!!

I hate needles. When I get poked at the doctor's office I just have to look away and pretend I'm somewhere else.

 
At January 12, 2010 at 1:55 PM , Blogger clare @ the pretty walrus said...

'freaked out by needles' doesn't even begin to cover what i am!!!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 3:45 PM , Blogger a said...

hi there,
just started reading your blog today! (I'm new to bloggin altogher). Never thought of a food/newlywed blog. I like it! Nice to meet you!

 
At January 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

i agree, anthony bourdain has a pretty wonderful life. i would love to be the host of a travel food show. and an excellent chef, too. he should quit smoking, though.

 
At January 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM , Blogger tia prouhet said...

I enjoy Bourdain, I do, but the job I want is Zane Lamprey's (of Three Sheets). Fo sho.

Sweet potato fries from home:
One sweet potato, cut into fry-like shapes. tbs or two of olive oil, sea salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Shake together in a large zip lock bag. Bake for 45 mins to an hour at 400-425 degrees. Delicious and healthy.

Short time reader, first time commenter. I'm lurkey like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home