This Page

has been moved to new address

Tuesday's weigh in and running

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Tuesday's weigh in and running

This Page

has been moved to new address

Tuesday's weigh in and running

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Tuesday's weigh in and running

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tuesday's weigh in and running

Hello everyone!

I lost 0.8 at my weigh in last night. I was a little disappointed after losing 1.5 last week. I realize why I didn't lose more, but I still feel like things should be moving quicker! It's been about 12 weeks and I've only lost 5.6 lbs. (I blame the 4 weeks I took off Weight Watchers for my wedding and honeymoon.) I feel back on track and I feel pretty good about it. At our weight watchers meeting, my friend who goes every week with me reached one of her goals of 30 lbs! She is incredibly dedicated to the program and really works her you-know-what off to get where she needs to be. I am so proud of her. I cried at our meeting talking about what an inspiration she is to me.

After the meeting, I went home and watched a teeny bit of "The Biggest Loser." It's hard for me to enjoy that show because I constantly compare myself to the contestants and envy them for their high weight losses. UGH that show makes me mad. Once again, I started to feel bad about myself wishing I could have lost more than just 0.8lbs. (My goal is to lose 30 lbs total.) I had to stop myself from feeling negative and remind myself of three important things.

1. Comparing yourself to others is never a good idea.
2. I haven't been eating as healthy as I'd like.
3. I haven't been working out!

So this week, I aim to start working out with a group. I'm hoping it will make next week's weigh in just a little bit higher!

Talk to you all later,

Amanda

PS. Just for fun here's a picture of Andy and I at our wedding. I can't believe it's almost been three months! Where does the time go?

2888 07.05.09

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At September 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Gina; The Candid RD said...

Great picture!!
Thanks for commenting on my blog :) Your's looks fun too! Have a great day.

 
At September 16, 2009 at 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture!

 
At September 16, 2009 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Honey .8 is not bad for a week.Remember if you lose it slow, it makes it easier to keep it off. And I am sure once you start working out harder; the pounds will just melt off.

I sometimes feel the same way as you do about BL and their weigh ins. But we have to remember that their job IS to lose weight. They workout for about 6 hours a day! I am sure if we did that we would be sticks with heads =)

I am proud of your .8! You need that .8 to reach the 30.

 
At September 16, 2009 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Mari said...

Honey .8 is not bad for a week.Remember if you lose it slow, it makes it easier to keep it off. And I am sure once you start working out harder; the pounds will just melt off.

I sometimes feel the same way as you do about BL and their weigh ins. But we have to remember that their job IS to lose weight. They workout for about 6 hours a day! I am sure if we did that we would be sticks with heads =)

I am proud of your .8! You need that .8 to reach the 30.

 
At September 16, 2009 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture!

Say you didn't weigh yourself last week...that would be 2.3lbs over 2 weeks = more than 1lb a week = perfectly sustainable and healthy rate of loss :D

 
At September 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Loosing .8 is WAY better than gaining weight. Don't be hard on yourself, just keep up with the program.

 
At September 16, 2009 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Lynne said...

Losing 0.8 is nothing to be disappointed over. That's how much I lost at my weigh in on Sunday. Most of the time I have a smaller weight loss after a larger one.
I agree with you about the biggest loser and making comparisons. I did that a lot last season, constantly comparing myself to Tara because we started out at pretty much the same weight. But, then I have to remember it's a TV show with very controlled situations, personal trainers, meal plans, and crazy work out schedules. That's not real life.
Congrats on the weight loss for the week. You'll reach 30 before you know it.

 
At September 16, 2009 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Missy said...

Gorgeous wedding picture! How fun!

A loss is a loss. Just remember you're still going the right direction!

 
At September 17, 2009 at 3:43 AM , Blogger Erica said...

chica! A loss is great! Those people on biggest loser have people monitoring every bite they eat, when and how they eat it, and a trainer that they work out with like 20 times a day! You are rocking it- keep pushing!

 
At September 17, 2009 at 6:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are so cute!

Don't be sad...0.8 is freakin' awesome. Celebrate every victory. You are doing great!

Adding a little workout here and there should boost you a bit too. Great job on the healthy eating :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home