This Page

has been moved to new address

Easy breezy berry-full

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Easy breezy berry-full

This Page

has been moved to new address

Easy breezy berry-full

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Easy breezy berry-full

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Easy breezy berry-full

I dreamt about smoothies last night so when I woke up this morning, I knew what I had to do.
I busted out our new blender and some ingredients and went to work on a new recipe. I figured I might as well share with you!
smoothie 004
My first experience with Almond Breeze.

Amanda’s Very Berrylicious with a hint of banana smoothie. (I’m insane I know)
1/3 unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
½ banana
½ cup lowfat plain yogurt (clearly you can use nonfat but this is all I had)
10 fresh blackberries
1/3 cup fresh blueberries
½ cup mixed frozen fruit (instead of ice) I used a berry medley from Trader Joe’s.
Nutritional Stats (entered on sparkpeople)
280 Calories
51 grams of carbs
5 grams of fat (like I said you could lower the cals/fat by using nonfat plain yogurt. I will next time!)
12 grams of protein (I'd love to use plain nonfat greek yogurt for more protein)
8 grams of fiber

smoothie 001
From the top of the blender. I mixed everything together before deciding that I needed to add a bit more low-fat yogurt. I originally planned on adding 1/3 cup but it was not creamy enough for me.
smoothie 002
Proof of the fresh berries in there. Blackberries have a ton of seeds. Just fyi if that stuff bothers you.
smoothie 003
The finished product! This recipe made 20 oz of smoothie. Enough to tide me over until lunch I hope. Let me know if you try this smoothie or if you have another recipe for me to try!

***I didn't add any sugar/fake sugar to this because the banana sweetened it up pretty nicely. I bet some agave nectar would go nicely though if you are into that sort of thing ;)

Now that we actually own a blender, I want to make more smoothies. I will need to invest in some protein powder and ground flax seed to make them healthier. I'm sure you'll be seeing more smoothie recipes soon.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At January 15, 2009 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Mrs. LC said...

Yummy looking smoothie! When in July are you getting married and where in Italy are you honeymooning? We got married July 26 this past summer, and while we didn't honeymoon there we've been to Italy. If you can, go to this town called Salerno, about an hr south of Napoli. Such a beautiful, wonderful little city and non-touristy! We also went to Roma and Florence. If you go to Florence find a restaurant called ZaZa's. I had the best chicken of my life there, a white truffle chicken. SOOO delish. Probably the best meal of my life!!

 
At January 15, 2009 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

We are getting married July 5th.

I have looked at Napoli! Not Salerno though. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the suggestions! Where did you stay when you were there?

 
At January 16, 2009 at 5:22 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I love your smoothie! I've been craving them this week but it's just too freaking cold, the high today will be 19 but right now it's -1, eek! Wish I was there in CA with your beautiful weather :) Thanks for the comment on my blog, have a great day!

 
At January 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I would hate it if it got that cold here! Brr!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home