This Page

has been moved to new address

El Tecolote and a bridal show

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: El Tecolote and a bridal show

This Page

has been moved to new address

El Tecolote and a bridal show

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: El Tecolote and a bridal show

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

El Tecolote and a bridal show

Today Andy and I had plans with my parents to meet with a prospective DJ and attend a bridal show. (Free cake and champagne, how could we pass the opportunity up?)
We met up with the DJ at Starbucks. We were hesitant about DJs because neither of us are big on dancing and we definitely didn’t want anything cheesy. This DJ’s demeanor and appearance immediately calmed my nerves about a cheesy DJ. He was so professional and nice! I’m pretty sure we have found a winner. Makes me feel accomplished about this wedding planning business.
After our meeting with the DJ, we went to El Tecolote. My family frequented El Tecolote at least once a month when I was younger. I hadn’t been there in a good 3 or 4 years so I was excited to go again.
009
The front sign. El Tecolote means, “The owl.” The restaurant has quite a collection of owl tchotchke’s and paintings. I love going there because it hasn’t changed in twenty years. I felt like I had been transported back to my childhood upon entering.
005
My mom and I were crazy and decided on sharing the mini-appetizer combo for two. Does this look mini to you? We barely dug into this! It came with two mini chicken chimichangas, 2 beef taquitos, 2 mini beef tacos, and 2 bean and cheese tostadas. I loved the chicken chimichangas. The shredded chicken was excellent.
008
A close up of the mini taco. YUM!
007
Andy got a beef taco, chile rellano and rice. He is napping right now so I can’t ask him what he thought. I’m sure he’ll comment on it soon.
006
Here is the rice, bean and cheese enchilada plate that came with the appetizer combo. I was too full to touch this unfortunately. My mom and I both wished we had split something smaller. Luckily for me, this meal counted as breakfast and lunch. We’ll do a light dinner tonight hopefully!
After a huge lunch, we drove to the bridal show. I got some ideas for wedding centerpieces.
011
How adorable is that?
012
Makes me rethink my wedding colors!
013
We also sampled some cake. This is lemon and orange. I wasn’t thrilled with either. We are going to make an appointment to do an official cake test next month.
I am tired too so I am going to nap with Andy now. ;) Talk to you later!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 4, 2009 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That mexican meal looks awesome!!!

 
At January 4, 2009 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Andy said...

Just to recap. The beef taco was good. These sort of places usually have shredded beef tacos that have no flavor. This was ground beef that was certainly simmered in something delicious. The enchilada was pretty standard, but very good. Smothered in the ranchero sauce that was ridiculously good. The Chile Relleno was good. It was small, but not too small and light for a Chile Relleno, which can be WAY heavy if over fried or covered in too much batter. Giant meal of food. Still stuffed 7 hours later.

 
At January 5, 2009 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

It was awesome!!! Just a ton of food.

 
At January 6, 2009 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Joie de vivre said...

What a fun day. The mini-appetizer plate was huge!

 
At January 6, 2009 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Seriously. It was not mini at all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home