This Page

has been moved to new address

Bluefin Grill

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Bluefin Grill

This Page

has been moved to new address

Bluefin Grill

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Bluefin Grill

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Bluefin Grill

Andy and I went to Bluefin with my friend Cassandra and her boyfriend Micah. I hadn’t seen her in forever and it was great to hang out!
I’m not a fan of sushi at all and Andy love love loves it so…I am letting him blog.
002
Hi, this is Andy. This blog was actually my idea, which Amanda has now stolen. I am fine with this, but now I am relegated to second class blogger. I’m not bitter…heavens no. On with the show
A bit of background. Amanda hates sushi, so I never eat it. Sushi for one is depressing. So on the rare occasion she is interested, we go. Bluefin is a weird place. It is like a Sushi/Grill fusion type place without the pretention. You can order a side order of cheeseburger. Not the place you would think about sushi, but it is one of the better ones in the area. The above roll is a 911 roll, which is one of the chef specialties at Bluefin. It is a spicy tuna roll with avocado on top and 911 sauce. What is 911 sauce? Your guess is as good as mine but it's good. It is sort of pink and thick. It isn’t spicy at all, so the name is a misnomer, but makes me sing Lil Wayne songs, so it works. Too obscure?
003
Here it is up close. The avocado was surprisingly fresh. Back to the 911 sauce. It was probably more sweet than spicy and the spicy tuna was not really spicy, but it usually never is. Misleading name aside, it was good. Not amazing, but good. And it looked cute, which is all you can really ask for. Interesting side note. The website for this restaurant calls this the 9/11 roll. Something tells me this was unintentional, but a 9/11 roll is not something I want to eat or even contemplate.
008
Next up, Crunchy Roll. Basically a Shrimp Tempura roll with crunchy tempura bits on top and a sweet sauce on top. This was outstanding. I don’t get too exotic with my sushi, mostly because I have no one to indulge with, so my sushi choices are rather vanilla, but the Crunchy Roll was perfect. The tempura was perfect and light, the sushi rice held together nicely, and the sauce was the perfect amount to not overpower the sushi with sugary, soy sauce flavor. You can also see the bowl of edamame. Edamame is a fancy name for steamed soybeans. No idea why, but they are amazing. It is so simple, but one of the most satisfying things in the world. I do not enjoy ginger, wasabi, or soy sauce with my sushi but from others at the table, they were all good as well. Kikkoman never disappoints. Amanda is going to take over. Thanks for reading!
….Amanda here. I feel guilty for not loving sushi, like I’m letting Andy down by not indulging in raw fish parts. Oh well. I can’t help being a fish-hating freak!
So instead of sushi…I had pasta!
009
Creamy pesto sauce with chicken, asparagus, red bell pepper and penne. This definitely puts me at 2000 calories for the day. Well worth it considering I stood on my feet from 8am-7pm! (Working is a drag sometimes! And I was probably on my feet for only 8 hours or so…but still. I had a long day!)
I couldn’t finish the pasta. It was excellent and fun to eat but carbs are carbs and will never cease to fill me up. Thank God I had a fairly low calorie lunch!
See ya’ll tomorrow!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At January 3, 2009 at 12:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hate seafood as well, but I LOVE sushi. I'm just horribly picky about which sushi I will eat. I find that tuna doesn't taste fishy at all when raw, plus there are plenty of vegetarian rolls that are yummy. I bet Amanda would have liked the 911 roll; it looks fantastic to me!

 
At January 3, 2009 at 12:10 AM , Blogger Andy said...

I try to explain all of this to Amanda. She refused to believe. One day she will break. Tuna is incredibly mild when raw. Tuna gets a bad name because of how gross canned tuna is.

And Amanda has tried a spicy tuna roll in the past. The aftermath was unfortunate. I think its the texture. Or she is nuts.

 
At January 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM , Blogger MamaCoral said...

I hate seafood too. But I still eat some sushi. If it is covered in avocado or filled with cream cheese I can eat it, most of the time. If there is too much fish in the roll I just can't make it go down. It is a texture thing. I mostly stick with California rolls, I'm a wuss.

I had a roll recently in Kearny Mesa that was basically a spicy tuna roll with jalapeno and cilantro on the top. YUM!

 
At January 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

See I would love a tempura shrimp roll with cream cheese and avocado. Something like that sounds delish!

It is totally a texture thing.

 
At January 3, 2009 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Every Gym's Nightmare said...

aw man, I havent had sushi in ages- i think its time to change that

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

 
At January 3, 2009 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Joie de vivre said...

Andy, For a "Second class blogger" you did great! Beautiful pictures.

 
At January 3, 2009 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Thanks for the comments guys! I think Andy did a great job blogging too. He's definitely going to have to start blogging more. "hint hint"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home