This Page

has been moved to new address

Beer Monday: San Diego Edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Beer Monday: San Diego Edition

This Page

has been moved to new address

Beer Monday: San Diego Edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Beer Monday: San Diego Edition

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Beer Monday: San Diego Edition

To celebrate my beloved San Diego Padres choking away the playoffs, beer Monday is all about San Diego. I guess a lot of my posts thus far have been, but San Diego has some amazing breweries that need to be heard.

I am recently realized I am an ale man. Any and every type of ale I love. Seems like San Diego is an ale town. A match made in heaven.

We start with my all time favorite brewery ever times 10: Stone. We go there whenever we go to San Diego. It is amazing (PS, we went 2 weekends ago and have yet to post about it. Stay tuned!). The brew for today is the Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA.

063

I sort of botched the pour, but this is a pretty amazing beer! I guess the best way to describe an Imperial IPA is an extra hoppy and extra alcoholic IPA. This beer has a pretty robust 8.9% Alcohol Content by Volume, which is pretty awesome. It is made in limited batched. You actually can't find it anymore. I bought a bottle right after it was released, about a month ago. Stone makes amazing IPAs. I am drinking this one as a write. I hope it makes sense. Should you be interested in more, check out Stone's site.

Additional, Amanda and I and a bunch of friends and family went to Disneyland over the weekend to celebrate Amanda's Birthday. More on that later. But at California Adventure they have a beer garden of sorts that sells Karl Strauss, another San Diego favorite. I went with the Red Trolley Ale.

059

As you can see, it was good.

Happy, beer drinking, birthday celebrating folks.

062

Until next time. More on Stone and Disneyland soon.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At October 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an avid Braves fan, I'm sorry to tell you that I was quite excited to see your Padres choke. Here in Atlanta, we know that feeling all too well. But it was a nice tribute to our longtime coach Bobby Cox to finally make it back into the playoffs. In fact, I celebrated the day by drinking a local beer - Terrapin Pumpkinfest - while watching the SD/SF game on the big screen at Turner Field. Now we can join together in rooting against the Giants :)

 
At October 4, 2010 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Bexter said...

Disneyland beer! I had one of those and then road California Screamin'. That was quite an experience... :)

 
At October 5, 2010 at 5:36 AM , Anonymous Biz said...

Our White Sox had an amazing June - winning 25 out of 27 games, and then it went down hill from there. My only saving grace is that the White Sox have a championship, while the Cubs are going on 102 years without one!

I love ales too - we have a liquor store that sells single bottles of beer, I'll have to look out for the ones you mentioned, although may not be possible here in the midwest.

 
At October 5, 2010 at 7:07 AM , Blogger GemCityCakes said...

Just a suggestion, but you guys should totally invest in a set of Sam Adams glasses. http://www.samueladams.com/enjoy-our-beer/tasting-eval/function-over-form.aspx

They are really awesome! The science behind them really makes beer pour and taste better and the etched ring on the bottom somehow keeps the beer carbonating until the very bottom! The bulb really brings out all the aromas and nose of the beers. We have tons of beer glasses of all shapes and sizes for different beers, but when Brian really started getting into beers, we found these were the best! Stone also makes a fluted beer glass which is wonderful for a lot of the same reasons.

Beer, like wine, is made to be enjoyed best in the correct glasses. So, if you guys are getting serious about beer tasting, which is seems you are :), you should look into it! I promise it will be a different experience than drinking a good craft beer from a straight walled stein. We got our Sam Adams glasses at a local beer and wine store.

 
At October 5, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

mmm. beer.
Still trying to figure out my beer style. so far its in two categories: Likes and dislikes LOL

 
At October 5, 2010 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Pam said...

My husband loves trying different beers - living in Portland makes him very happy since it's a beer mecca. Happy birthday to Amanda!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home