This Page

has been moved to new address

"I'm in love with this song"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: "I'm in love with this song"

This Page

has been moved to new address

"I'm in love with this song"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: "I'm in love with this song"

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I'm in love with this song"

Yes, I admit it. I have Ke$ha in my head. Help me!

I'm on Week Five of Couch to 5k and I'm starting to not love it. It's getting harder!

I did Day 1 of Week 5 twice because my body was not down. Andy and I went to a local park and ran around there. Like I've mentioned before, I usually run on the treadmill because it's indoors and I had no idea where to put my car keys while running outside. Stupid logic, really. I just like running with my hands free and didn't want to worry about holding onto my dang keys!

Then Andrea (One of my favorite bloggers!) gave it to me straight. I live in beautiful Southern California. It's a nice 70-80 degrees outside. What am I doing on the treadmill? And she linked me to Road Id where I purchased 2 shoe wallets for me and Andy.

Shoe wallet. It was only 4.99!

Day 2 was on the treadmill because I felt pretty congested and wasn't sure if I could finish. Luckily, I had no problems. Besides boredom on the treadmill and a slow body. My knees, heels and shins are bothering me less than when I started Week 1. Progress is progress, right?

Week 5 is different than the first four weeks. It has 3 different days of running.

Day 1- has 3 sets of 5 minute runs.
Day 2- has 2 sets of 8 minute runs.
Day 3- has 1 set of a 20 minute run.

This is not including warm-ups, walks or cooldowns. For more info check out Couch to 5k. I'm looking forward to completing day 3 tomorrow, then starting week 6 on Sunday. We'll be in San Diego visiting Andy's parents and attending a San Diego State University Basketball game. I've never been to a college basketball game so I'm pretty excited!

001

The other day I got bored and wandered around Whole Foods. I picked up a can of pureed sweet potatoes for no reason and stuck it in my cart. Then visions of sweet potato soup danced in my head.

Ingredients- 1 can pureed sweet potato, cut sweet potatoes (mine were in syrup so I rinsed them), 1 can broth, 1 can cuban style black beans, 1 sweet red bell pepper, and some almond milk or half & half. Chili powder and cumin were also involved.

004

Then combine all ingredients in a big pot, being sure to mash down the chunks of sweet potato.

005

Then top with smoky bacon and serve. This soup was spicy from the cuban black beans, chili powder and cumin. I loved it! I wish the photos came out a little better but oh well.

006

Any songs stuck in your head today?

Any one else doing Couch to 5k? I know Mari is. Anyone else? How is it going for you?

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At February 18, 2010 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Mari said...

I'm sorry that this week was tough for you but I am so proud of you for sticking with it and pushing through! You DID it and that is what matters!!!!!!

 
At February 18, 2010 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

I haven't started it yet, but I really want to. I'm in MI and it's "warm" today (at 32 degrees)... I think I'm going to wait until the snow melts, because I'm pretty sure I'd prefer to run outside (plus, I don't currently have access to a treadmil). I definitely need to look in to a podcast that tells me when to do what, because there's no way I can do it staring at a watch (I don't OWN a watch). lol

 
At February 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda - I love your soup idea!! And of course, anything with bacon is better!

I did the C5K a year ago last October, and I finished my 5k, without stopping, in 39:00. I didn't break any records, but I finished!

And for me, it did get easier the further I got - still jealous of your weather!!!

 
At February 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Love your soup idea! Great work on your running challenge!

 
At February 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a song we sang in girl scouts, or music class in elementary school called "barges" that i kept singing to josh on the drive home this weekend (the whole drive is along the river, so we saw a couple)

it hasn't left his head since. so he keeps singing it to me. which means it's in my head now too.

 
At February 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Bitty Babushka said...

That soup sounds SO good!

As far as your race, YOU GO with your bad self. I've never been a runner but I admire all those who can tackle it! Keep it up!

 
At February 18, 2010 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Emily said...

That soup sounds delish! I absolutely love sweet potatoes! I actually just purchased a a jar of that as well! May just have to give it a try this weekend!

 
At February 18, 2010 at 5:48 PM , Blogger lynn @ the actors diet said...

you have an ear worm!!! i don't have one right now, thankfully, but i get them often.

 
At February 19, 2010 at 12:04 AM , Blogger Ca88andra said...

The soup sounds fantastic!

 
At February 19, 2010 at 5:43 AM , Anonymous Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Whooo! I'm so glad you got the shoe pouches! I swear they have the best ones for such a great price. I've had mine for almost two years now and it still looks new. :D

That soups looks amazing! What a great combo of flavors!

 
At February 19, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Andy said...

I can testify that the soup was amazing!

 
At February 19, 2010 at 6:35 AM , Blogger kat said...

That soup sounds terrific.

 
At February 19, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

love the shoe wallet

salivating over the soup!

 
At February 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM , Anonymous sophia said...

I never run on treadmills unless it's pouring outside. HAha, SoCA is so beautiful...best to run out if you can! Oh, and did you know it's gonna rain AGAIN this weekend? What a drag, eh?

 
At February 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM , Blogger TC said...

You've inspired me! I downloaded a Couch to 5K app last night for my iphone and did day one. Good luck with your week 5!

 
At February 19, 2010 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Gina; The Candid RD said...

I HATE getting songs stuck in my head! Nick gets them in my head all the time, and they are usually commercial jingles. UGH!

This soup sounds really fantastic. I LOVE pureed veggie soups, I may even do this with pumpkin puree because I am obsessed with it. Thanks for the great recipe!

I'm not doing the couch to 5k, but more power to you, Mari, and whoever else is doing it! That's fantastic, and a great way to get motivated.

 
At February 22, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Manderz said...

I always tell people that C25K saved my life. I had issues getting through the first week. Over a year later I've run a half marathon with my second 2 weeks away. Keep it up and dont give up. If you are having a hard time - just slow down.

Good luck!

 
At February 23, 2010 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Man that soup looks good! And all I'd have to switch out is the cream and broth, sweet :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home