This Page

has been moved to new address

Chili Verde! Green Chili!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Chili Verde! Green Chili!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Chili Verde! Green Chili!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Chili Verde! Green Chili!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chili Verde! Green Chili!

It was rainy and cold outside today so Andy and I decided to make some chili. We whipped out a cookbook and headed over to Fresh N Easy to pick up a few ingredients.
I love to adapt recipes for my own. I never seem to follow a recipe exactly.
First I chopped up an onion, a green bell pepper and a yellow bell pepper.
chiliverde 003
Dumped the veggies in a crockpot set on high. I added 2 seven-oz cans of salsa verde, one garlic clove and some pickled jalapenos.
chiliverde 004
And poured in a can of rinsed and drained pinto beans. Next time I’d probably boil my own beans but canned worked fine for today. I also poured in 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth and some cilantro.
chiliverde 005
In a separate pan, I browned one pound of extra lean ground beef with some of Andy’s homemade salsa, taco seasoning, lemon juice, chili powder, chili flakes and olive oil.
chiliverde 005
After it was done, I poured it into the crockpot and simmered for two hours while doing some homework. Andy did some lesson planning. Owning a slow-cooker can be really awesome sometimes!
chiliverde 007
Finished soup!
chiliverde 008
See it really is green!
chiliverde 009
I was curious about the calorie count on this meal so I input it into sparkpeople.

Cals- 228 per cup
Fat- 6 grams
Fiber- 6 grams
Protein- 22grams

I love how easy soups are to make! I'm going to let Andy review the chili in his own post!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 6, 2009 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I love crockpot meals, it's so nice to come home at the end of the day and have dinner already made!

 
At February 6, 2009 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

me too! I am definitely going to have to use the crockpot more.

 
At February 11, 2009 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

that soup sounds and looks amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home