This Page

has been moved to new address

Tacotime!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Tacotime!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Tacotime!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Tacotime!

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tacotime!

As Andy mentioned earlier, we went out to the new Fresh and Easy today! We decided to make tacos tonight. I’m a huge fan of ground turkey tacos but we actually had ground beef today. Super lean beef though!
We bought a salsa kit at Fresh and Easy. It came with 2 tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, garlic cloves and a lime. Andy got started on making the salsa in our food processor while I worked on browning and seasoning the beef.
tacotime 005
(I love his determined face and dinosaur shirt. I might be biased though!)
tacotime 006
This cracks me up because it looks like Andy is missing his hand! LOL!
tacotime 007
I simmered the beef with a little water and olive oil. Later I added some low sodium taco seasoning. (which still has tons of sodium. I need to find something else to season with!)
tacotime 008
Salsa ingredients go in the food processor…
tacotime 013
And out. It came out sort of white looking. Too much onion and not enough tomatoes. Now we know for next time.
tacotime 009
Here is our spread; whole wheat tortillas, light sour cream, ground beef, shredded cheddar cheese, guacamole, salsa, jalapenos and a salad!
(I’ve heard that nonfat greek yogurt works well in place of sour cream. Thoughts?) And yes I love lobsters and crabs. Ha!
tacotime 012
The cilantro-lime salad dressing really jazzed this salad up. I am never buying iceberg lettuce again.

Talk to you guys later! I have a weight loss question for you! Coming soon.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At January 28, 2009 at 8:41 PM , Blogger DanGarion said...

We got a Fresh & Easy right around the corner from our new home, my wife didn't like it at first but she's opened up to liking them. Especially because of the quick in and out process of going there.

If you hadn't seen, I ranted about their stupid parking lot a couple days ago on my website.

Their chicken tortilla soup is really good!

 
At January 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Andy said...

For the record, I pinched my hand in the food processor.

I have two hands.

Yummy-ness abounds.

 
At January 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Luckily for us, they don't have those parking spots at ours. I would have been annoyed too!

 
At January 29, 2009 at 3:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that homemade salsa! Don't you love mini food processors!

Abbie

 
At January 29, 2009 at 7:17 AM , Blogger healthy ashley said...

I just found your blog and it's too cute! I love the dinner (and photos)!

 
At January 29, 2009 at 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - Thanks for your comment on my blog! You guys are too cute! The missing hand pic is a bit freaky deaky, but it made me laugh. And yes to Greek yogurt as sour cream. It totally works. :-)

 
At March 25, 2009 at 9:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love making mexican food at home too- it's all the goodness w.o all the fat of the restaurant version.

for a sour cream subsitute i do the following and cant taste the difference:

line a strainer with a few sheets of paper towels, then put a few spoonfuls of yogurt into there and let it drain over a bowl. after 30 minutes or so, the water will have drained out into the bowl and you'll have a creamy thick mixture to use in place of the sour cream.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home