This Page

has been moved to new address

Quick & Easy tomato sauce recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Quick & Easy tomato sauce recipe

This Page

has been moved to new address

Quick & Easy tomato sauce recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Quick & Easy tomato sauce recipe

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Quick & Easy tomato sauce recipe

Thanks to everyone who entered my Chobani Champions Giveaway! The winner is...

#8 brandi said...
oh, and you're in my reader!

February 24, 2010 11:12 AM

Congrats Brandi!

(My next giveaway will be soon! You will all love it, I promise!)


002

My friend Charlene recently added me a paper bag full of fresh tomatoes from her garden. I was thrilled! I made pasta sauce with them, naturally.

(Excuse how messy my stove top is. Sauce bubbling makes quite a mess.)

Ingredients:

8 medium sized tomatoes, 4-5 small tomatoes quartered.
2 zucchini chopped up fine
half a brown onion diced
2 tbsp butter
salt to taste
dried garlic flakes
1 tbsp olive oil

I started by heating the EVOO (RR!) and the diced onion until the onion was clear. Then I added in the chopped zucchini and tomatoes and cooked them down for 30 minutes. The butter, salt, & garlic flakes (& 1 tbsp of Italian seasonings) were added last. I used my immersion blender to make the sauce creamy. I loved how it turned out orange!

003

Then I made a baked pasta dish using whole wheat pasta noodles, fontina cheese, my homemade sauce, chicken meatballs and parmesan cheese.

004

And heated up some garlic asiago bread.

005

And just heated until the cheese melted. (In the stove @350 for 5-6 mins)

006

007

DELICIOUS! I'm glad I tried making my own sauce. All of the recipes I found online took 2-4 hours and I just wasn't having it. The quick recipes used peeled & canned tomatoes which I obviously didn't have. So I got creative and just did my own thang. Turned out beautifully. Leftovers for lunch!

I'm not feeling so hot this am. I ended up running 1.5 miles yesterday with Andy and it irritated my knee. I knew I should have taken the day off but...I am dumb. I was up all night tossing & turning in pain as a result. I'm going to take today off running and start Week 7 of Couch to 5k tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Labels: , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At March 1, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Mo Diva said...

i used the can tomatoes for quick homemade sauce and the scratch method is delish but def takes a long time!
This looks delish! Im gonna try!

 
At March 1, 2010 at 8:06 AM , Anonymous brandi said...

yay! I'm so excited!!!

and that sauce sounds SO good with the zucchini. I love making my own sauce. So easy!

 
At March 1, 2010 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Pam said...

The whole dish looks amazing. Homemade tomato sauce is the best.

 
At March 1, 2010 at 8:35 AM , Blogger lynn said...

what a terrific dish! homemade sauce is so worth it...

 
At March 1, 2010 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Good luck tomorrow! Hope your knee feels better :)

 
At March 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Yelena said...

Knee pain is the worst! I hope you feel lots better. Rest days are awesome- coming from someone whose knees barely hold her up!

 
At March 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Mom on the Run said...

This sauce and dish looks great! Holy yum!

I love good quality bread with my sauce. It is so yummy!

 
At March 1, 2010 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Yum! I love that you added zucchini to the sauce! It sounds so good!

 
At March 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM , Anonymous kalin (eating machine) said...

i adore homemade sauce-i never had sauce from a jar till i was in college-i was a spoiled child :-)

 
At March 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Emily said...

I've never tried making homemade sauce - I guess I'm just too lazy! But yours looks so simple!! Right up my alley!!

 
At March 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM , Anonymous Kara @ Kara's Marathon said...

That looks fantastic -- I'm going to have to try making that sauce! Can you taste the zucchini in the sauce?

 
At March 1, 2010 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my that din din looks so good.....I really need to make some dinner myself but I would prefer yours!
Have a great night!

 
At March 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM , Anonymous Katie @ the monthly goal said...

Wow, that looks like the ultimate comfort food. And it doesn't look too incredibly complicated. I might have to try it out!

I just got my blog up and running but have no readers yet... if you check it out, I'd love to hear your comments :)

 
At March 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM , Blogger TxMarianne said...

That looks great! I hope your knee was better today. I also have a bad knee that gives me trouble. My doctor told me not to run to use the recumbent...but meh I like the C25K plan. :)

 
At March 2, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Blogger kat said...

We seems to always make out own sauce these days, it just so much tastier & we know what's in it. I just hope my canned tomatoes hold out until we start getting summer ones here....oh that is a long time away

 
At March 2, 2010 at 11:15 AM , Anonymous ChubbyNewlywed said...

Ooh, I like how it looks like it's a cream-based sauce but is actually just veggies. Yum!

 
At March 2, 2010 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Mari said...

I am sitting here with ice on both of my shins, I think we are officially runners!!!!!!

just so you know, when I go to cali to visit my prima, I AM coming over for din din! lol

It was nice chatting with you today!

 
At March 5, 2010 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Lori said...

That pasta looks great! Love that you made the sauce. Hope your knee stops giving you trouble. My left one hasn't been feeling to hot lately. Why does running have to hurt sometimes? I need it to be fun and easy all the time! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home