This Page

has been moved to new address

Non-Food Related Blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Non-Food Related Blog

This Page

has been moved to new address

Non-Food Related Blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Non-Food Related Blog

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Non-Food Related Blog


So a few days ago Andy and I went to a jewelry store (Robbin's Bros to be exact) to look at rings. I wasn't expecting to buy anything, just to look. We got there and started looking around when I saw it. My dream ring. Absolutely perfect, not too flashy, not annoying to wear, not too expensive....just right.


So I told Andy, "I love this one" and he bought it! Totally shocked me. We figured we'd hold the ring aside until we were ready. We've been together 3 and 1/2 years so I kind of expected it to happen eventually but I also assumed he'd want to wait.
So Monday night, I call Andy after work and tell him I'm on my way to the grocery store. He asks if I'm at the one by my work and I said yes. I get home and he's parked in our parking spot. (Which he doesn't do if I'm the one coming home last.) I usually call him to say I'm in the parking lot but this time I didn't. I wanted to surprise him.Coming to our front door, I knock and he doesn't answer. So I struggle with my keys to open the door and wham!!! he's standing right at the door, not letting me in."You ruined it." He said with the biggest smile on his face and tears in his eyes. Right then, I knew he was going to ask me. In our front doorway! I was totally caught off-guard. Which is pretty good considering I knew he had the ring. He opened the door a little wider, got the ring and put in on my finger and asked, "Amanda will you marry me?" And of course I said "YES!" and kissed him a ton. Then we just hugged for 5 minutes and cried before calling our parents, who also cried.
Three things-Andy will be 26 November 21st.
I love that he proposed when we were both 25. I'm silly but it's adorable to me. He's ten months and 12 days older. So he really only had so much time to do this.
I love that he had an elaborate plan but got too impatient to ask me that way.
It was perfect how it happened. - We will get married this summer! I am thinking either Saturday July 25th or August 1st. I will know for sure relatively soon so all of our out of state friends can join us. Yay!


This is what my ring looks like. It is just a white gold band with a round cut diamond. I wore it to bed last night. Best day of my life! We celebrated by eating steak and drinking alcohol! A cosmo for me and a beer for him. Splendid.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home