This Page

has been moved to new address

Sweet Saturday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Sweet Saturday

This Page

has been moved to new address

Sweet Saturday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Two Boos Who Eat: Sweet Saturday

Two Boos Who Eat

Welcome to Two Boos Who Eat.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sweet Saturday

Seriously this weekend has been fantastic and is only getting better.

001

We started the weekend off with a trip to The Grilled Cheese Truck. We went with some friends and ate deliciousness. So good. Of course we had to eat on the ground in the dark so pictures did not happen. I really need a camera that can handle low-light.

002

This morning I woke up with my legs looking super puffy and swollen. Especially my knees. Andy went on a run at a local park and I decided to walk on the treadmill. But not without taping my knees first!

003

My PT suggested tape only. He explained to me that knee braces or sleeves can't move the kneecap in the way I need to. I highly suggest talking to a physical therapist before taping your knees! (Everyone is different and there are tons of different ways to tape.)

004

I start with the cover roll. The leukotape will rip your skin off. You don't want that. The cover roll serves as a barrier.

005

You want to get a tight fit so your legs look really awkward.

006

You want knee puckering. You seriously do. That's how you know the leukotape is tight enough. (Again, this was a suggestion from my physical therapist.)

007

Weird knee puckering.

008

Then I foam rolled my calves, IT bands and hamstrings. Tight muscles can actually make knee pain worse. Foam rolling helps stretch them out.

009

I bought my foam roller on Amazon for super cheap. It's short but does the trick. Afterwards I walked 2 miles on the treadmill at an incline with wrist weights. Biz gave me the idea. I ran .6 of a mile and lifted weights for 30 minutes.

010

After my walk/run we went to pick up our CSA and go shopping. I was so excited to find PUMPKIN ice cream!

011

And I made a pizza with figs and arugula from our CSA. I also used pancetta, mozzarella, roasted garlic and parmesan.

013

It was amazing! I sauteed the arugula with the pancetta which was a great idea. The arugula had a wonderful flavor to it.

014

The figs caramelized nicely and added a welcome sweetness.

015

The crust was wheaty and buttery due to the garlic butter I brushed it with. YUM!

I weighed in today and my weight is the exact same. I haven't been eating as clean as possible and need to work on that. I went out for dinner for my sister's 21st birthday, for my friend's birthday and I ate delicious grilled cheese. I also cut back on weight lifting. Bad idea. I know next week will be better!

Can't wait to post about where we're going for dinner tonight!

How's your weekend going?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At October 9, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Blogger RunEatRepeat said...

Totally agree about tape versus sleeves. But, I haven't been taping at all. Busted :(

 
At October 9, 2010 at 3:12 PM , Anonymous Kristina @ spabettie said...

aMmm, that pizza looks incredible.

grilled cheese truck?? NOM. we have one in Portland, but I have not been yet #fail

:D Happy Weekend !!

 
At October 9, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Yep...I think I need some of that ice cream and pizza NOW! Thanks :)

 
At October 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

So, after seeing all your posts about food trucks, I'm realizing that this is an area in which Atlanta is seriously lacking. Granted, I live out in the suburbs so maybe there is some great Atlanta food truck movement that I am unaware of, but frankly, a grilled cheese truck sounds amazing. I live about a block from my college campus and think I need to start some sort of mobile food in my area. Think I can serve treats out of the back of my Honda Element?? :)

 
At October 9, 2010 at 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A truck of just different kinds of grilled cheese? Holy balls. I need to find one of those and start dating the owner. Then we can get married, have babies and be a family of grilled cheese making people. It would be fantastic.

The pizza looks terrific, I would never think to put those together but it sounds interesting and yummy.

 
At October 9, 2010 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Bexter said...

I just pulled my pizza out of the oven! Pizza and beer = a great Saturday night :)

 
At October 10, 2010 at 7:37 AM , Anonymous homecookedem said...

What a GORGEOUS pizza!! I have got to try that out!! And I'm going to have to find that pumpkin ice cream. Oh I just love Fall!! :)

 
At October 10, 2010 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Fritos and Foie Gras said...

That pizza just looks fantastic!

 
At October 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Heather said...

We need a grilled cheese truck in Cleveland!

Great job on your walk/run - I think it's great you still got out there and did what you could without hurting yourself.

 
At October 10, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great saturday!! I WANT SOME PIZZA NOW!! grilled cheese truck? ahah that is AWEEESOME! we dont have cool things like here in the south! :(

 
At October 10, 2010 at 7:32 PM , Blogger lynn said...

i have yet to try the grilled cheese truck! once it was parked near us but the wait was too long. i hope you got a mac n cheese sandwich....

 
At October 11, 2010 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous Sarah W. said...

I'm jealous of your trip to the Grilled Cheese truck. that sounds amazing!!!!

yes get back to clean eating, I am too!

Also, just a friendly tip for weightloss, it is EXTREMELY hard to see any progress if you eat at a restaurant more than twice in a week. just a friendly reminder :) I'm struggling too, ate out for lunch and dinner yesterday but i'm back on track

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home